Logo

•  

Advertisement

Welcome to DarkSmurfSub.com

Sign In 

Create Account
Membership is closed for the time being, but we occasionally open it when there is increased interest from volunteer subbers to join, so check back when you are interested in subbing a new drama, if we are accepting new members to the community!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Ongoing

[US] Once Upon a Time (2011)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ccanemone

ccanemone

CTS English Editor Team Leader

• Retired Staff
  • Others:
    CTS Elite
    CTS Non-English Team
    CTS Supreme

• PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
    • Time Online: 31d 7h 29m 41s
  • Local Time: Feb 20 17 05:24 PM
    • LocationAntarctica
    • Referred By:Undisclosed
    • Star sign:Unknown

Posted 04 Nov 11 - 06:51 AM

ONCE UPON A TIME...

Posted Image

Show Information
    Country of origin: US
    Network: ABC
    Season: 1
    Broadcast period: October 23, 2011 - Present
    Air times: Sundays, 8/7c

Synopsis

On the wedding day of Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Prince Charming (Josh Dallas), the Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla) arrives and delivers an ominous threat about a powerful curse she intends to release upon them. Some time later, a pregnant Snow White is worried about the curse and visits Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle) who issues a prophecy that the Queen's curse will take them all someplace terrible where there will be no happy endings. He also reveals that Snow White's unborn daughter, Emma, will return when she is 28 years old to rescue them, thus beginning the final battle with the Queen. On advice from the Blue Fairy, Geppetto (Tony Amendola) and Pinocchio fashion a wardrobe from a magical tree which will allow one person to escape the Queen's curse. Prince Charming intends for Snow White and their unborn daughter to use the magic tree to escape the curse, but Snow White goes into labor and gives birth to Emma just as the wardrobe is about to be completed. On the day Snow White gives birth to her daughter, the Queen's curse strikes. Prince Charming places their daughter in the magic wardrobe, but is grievously wounded battling the Queen's henchmen. The Queen stands triumphantly over Snow White and Prince Charming as the curse takes them to "someplace horrible."

In present day Boston, Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison) lives a lonely existence working as a bail bondsman and bounty hunter. On her 28th birthday, Emma is approached by a ten year old boy who identifies himself as her son, Henry, who Emma had given up for adoption as a baby. Not wanting a relationship with him, Emma agrees to drive him back to his home in Storybrooke, Maine. Along the way, Henry shows her a large book of fairy tales, insisting that all of the stories in it are real. When they arrive in Storybrooke, Henry informs her that everyone in town is in reality a fairy tale character, exiled by the curse and with no memory of their real identities. This includes his therapist, who is really Jiminy Cricket, and his teacher Mary Margaret Blanchard, who is really Snow White. He claims that time is frozen in Storybrooke and the people are unable to leave, but that the curse will be broken by Emma. A skeptical Emma returns Henry to his adopted mother, the town's mayor who is really the Evil Queen. When Henry soon runs away again, Emma finds him and decides to stay in Storybrooke temporarily. This decision causes the hands of the town clock, previously frozen, to begin moving again.

Cast and Characters

Primary

*Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret Blanchard, Emma's biological mother who becomes Henry's elementary school teacher in the Real World. Snow White is also Henry's grandmother.

*Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, a 28-year-old bailbonds collector who learns that she holds the key to saving the Real World and the Enchanted Forest. Emma is the daughter of Prince Charming/John Doe and Snow White/Sister Mary Margaret Blanchard, and is Henry's biological mother. Emma was sent from the Enchanted Forest because Prince Charming and Snow White wanted to protect her from the curse made by the Evil Queen.

*Lana Parrilla as The Evil Queen/Regina Mills, the icy, darkly beautiful antagonist of the Snow White fairy tale who becomes Henry's adoptive mother and Storybrooke's mayor (Regina Mills) in the Real World. She is determined to keep Emma away from Henry. She killed the person that mattered most to her to make the curse happen, her father, a choice that left a hole that can't be filled.

*Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/John Doe. The hero of the Snow White fairy tale and movie was an unnamed prince. In the Disney movie Cinderella, Prince Charming is Cinderella's prince. It is also implied that he also has a twin brother, a reference to The Prince and the Pauper. In the TV show, he is the leader of the Enchanted Forest's War Council and Emma's biological father who becomes an unknown comatose patient at Storybrooke General Hospital.[4][5]

*Jared S. Gilmore as Henry, Emma's son whom she gave up for adoption ten years earlier. Henry learns the truth behind Storybrooke from a book of fairy tales and finds his biological mother with the hopes of convincing her to save the Enchanted Forest. He is the grandson of Prince Charming/John Doe and Snow White/Mary Margaret Blanchard, and the adopted son of The Evil Queen/Regina Mills. He is named after Regina's father, whom she killed to make the curse happen.

*Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket/Archie Hopper, the cricket from Pinocchio who becomes Storybrooke's eccentric, yet bookish, human resident psychiatrist in the Real World. In animated form, he is Jiminy Cricket in The Enchanted Forest and a member of the War Council.

*Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham, Storybrooke's handsome and authoritative sheriff with a mysterious past.

*Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold, the eponymous character and main antagonist from the fairy tale who becomes Storybrooke's wealthiest resident and pawnshop owner in the Real World. He helped build and owns the town. He brought Henry to Regina when Henry was a baby and used it to orchestrate Emma's arrival.

Recurring

*David Anders as Dr. Whale.
    *Anastasia Griffith as Annette, a spoiled girl with a very "royal" past.
    *Jessy Schram as Cinderella/Ashley, the main protagonist of the fairy tale of the same name.
    *Kristin Bauer van Straten as Maleficent, the antagonist from Sleeping Beauty, and the Evil Queen's equally sinister rival.
    *Richard Schiff as King Leopold, Snow White's father.
    *Alan Dale as King George, Prince Charming's father, Emma's grandfather, Henry's great-grandfather, and Snow White's father-in-law
    *Eion Bailey as "The Stranger", whose presence will add to Storybrooke's mystery
    *Patti Allan as the Blind Witch/Ms. Ginger, the main antagonist from the Hansel and Gretel fairytale.
    *David Paul Grove as Doc, a member of the War Council and Personal Physician to Snow White who becomes a Doctor at Storybrooke Hospital
    *Lee Arenberg as Grumpy/Leroy, a member of the War Council in the Enchanted forest who becomes Storybrooke's resident troublemaker.
    *Faustino DiBauda as Sleepy/Walter, a member of the War Council
    *Tony Amendola as Gepetto/Marco (the woodcarver from Pinocchio), a member of the War Council who becomes Storybrooke's handyman in the Real World.
    *Keegan Connor Tracy as The Blue Fairy, a member of the War Council
    *Mike Coleman as Happy, a member of the War Council
    *Mig Macario as Bashful, a member of the War Council
    *Jakob Davies as Pinocchio, a member of the War Council
    *Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby, A member of the War Council who becomes an unruly woman in Storybrooke who desires a chance to leave the town
    *Beverley Elliott as Granny, A member of the War Council who becomes the owner of "Granny's Inn" in Storybrooke; she is also Ruby's grandmother and whose health problems has kept Ruby from leaving town.
    *James Bamford as the Black Knight
    *Tim Phillips as Prince Thomas/Sean, Cinderella's prince in the TV show. Her prince in the Disney movie was named Prince Charming.
    *Catherine Lough Haggquist as the Fairy Godmother
    *Giancarlo Esposito as the Magic Mirror/Sydney, A spirit imprisoned by the Evil Queen who becomes a reporter for Storybrooke's local newspaper The Daily Mirror.

• tayana, Asiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, NnTt and 2 others like this
    Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Advertisement

#2 nami

nami

CTS Non-English Team Administrator

• Retired Staff
    • Others:
      CTS Editor
      CTS Non-English Team
      CTS Supreme

• PipPipPip
    • 164 posts
      • Time Online: 65d 12h 55m 37s
  • Local Time: Feb 20 17 03:24 PM
    • Referred By:Soompi
    • Star sign:Taurus

Posted 04 Nov 11 - 10:35 PM

I've seen the first 2 eps but I'm not sure if I like it yet or not. It's interesting for sure, but... I don't know. I'm just not super hooked yet. It's missing that fairy tail magic.
    The Sheriff does have my attention though... :panda_cheeky_haha:
    • berceuse likes this

Posted Image

Thanks krstjb for the siggy and avatar!

Posted Image

Thanks to the DSS Graphics Team for the siggy!

Follow DSS on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#3 ~Nina

~Nina

Village Visitor

• Members
    • 1 posts
      • Time Online: 3h 9m 36s
  • Local Time: Feb 21 17 01:24 AM
    • Referred By:Other Sites
    • Star sign:Scorpio

Posted 11 Nov 11 - 07:14 AM

I like it very much!!
    The storyline are excellent. Rumpelstiltskin and Henry are the best. ^_^
    Can't wait for the next episode. ^^
    • berceuse likes this

#4 tayana

tayana

Village Newbie

• CTS Translator (C)

• Pip
    • 34 posts
      • Time Online: 7d 1h 15s
  • Local Time: Feb 20 17 10:24 PM
    • Referred By:Undisclosed
    • Star sign:Cancer

Posted 27 Nov 11 - 03:00 PM

It seems like a good TV series. I liked it so far.
    • berceuse likes this

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#5 sml4thecamera

sml4thecamera

Village Visitor

• CTS Casual

• 6 posts
      • Time Online: 5d 23h 39m 50s
  • Local Time: Feb 20 17 04:24 PM
    • LocationLouisiana
    • Referred By:Google Search
    • Star sign:Pisces

Posted 17 Dec 11 - 07:39 AM

I feel like I like the idea of this show more than the actual thing. I do like it though. Especially Rumpelstiltskin! :D
    • berceuse likes this

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#6 nami

nami

• Retired Staff
    • Others:
      CTS Editor
      CTS Non-English Team
      CTS Supreme

• PipPipPip
    • 164 posts

Posted 24 Jan 12 - 12:42 AM

I love love love this show so so so much!!!
    I didn't think I'd love it this much, but I do. I'm a sucker for fairy tales...
    Charming and Snow~ :panda_loveit:

So, which fairy tale character do you most want to see in Storybrooke?
    • berceuse likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#7 hyde7

hyde7

Village Visitor

• Members
    • 16 posts
      • Time Online: 11h 5m 21s
  • Local Time: Feb 21 17 06:24 AM
    • Star sign:Gemini

Posted 01 Feb 12 - 04:10 PM

for me, this is 'tvseries-u have to watch-u'll regret if u miss it'... i like Rumpelstiltskin & henry... and.. the previous sheriff too! :panda_hypnotize: :panda_hearts: [melting]
    • berceuse likes this

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#8 Amethyst1403

Amethyst1403

Village Visitor

• Members
    • 5 posts
      • Time Online: 17h 4m 23s
  • Local Time: Feb 20 17 02:24 PM
    • LocationSpanaway, WA, USA
    • Star sign:Leo

Posted 03 Feb 12 - 07:41 PM

I love this series... it's got everything you want in a show... drama, comedy, suspense, horror...with just enough sexual tendencies to keep you interested. Though I will admit if it wasn't for my DVR I'd probably miss every episode because I'm so bad at remembering when it's on... or I'm busy watching K-Drama... lol.

Oh and my favorite character is the Evil Queen/Regina (The Mayor) followed by Henry, and then Snow White/Mary Margaret...

I'd like to see Aurora from Sleeping Beauty... it's my favorite story.
    • berceuse likes this

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#9 Meredeph

Meredeph

Village Visitor

• Members
    • 2 posts
      • Time Online: 2d 7h 59m 40s
  • Local Time: Feb 21 17 12:24 AM
    • Referred By:Google Search
    • Star sign:Scorpio

Posted 14 Feb 12 - 08:14 PM

I am just soooo obsessed with this show...The story line is fantastic and the characters genious.. Can't wait for next week... There's gonna be an interesting development...and the end's going to be Legen...wait for it...dary (not the right show u baka-.-')....I'm soo packed, I can't even find the right words^^
    • berceuse likes this

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#10 NnTt

NnTt

CTS Persian Casual

• CTS Non-English Team
    • Others:
      CTS Casual

• PipPip
    • 75 posts
      • Time Online: 4d 7m 22s
  • Local Time: Feb 21 17 07:24 AM
    • LocationJeonju
    • Star sign:Aries

Posted 16 Feb 12 - 02:59 AM

I also like it very much. All those fairytale characters in a more understandable way... But I think that each episode ends too tragically that I literally feel pain when the ending credits start.
    Even though this series has a firmer storyline I prefer Grimm. Has anyone watched that one as well? it's quite powerful.

Another thing I like is the names and the jobs the fairytale characters have in this world. But except for Mary Margaret/ Snow White non of the princes and princesses look that beautiful or you know Disney like.
    • berceuse likes this

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#11 hyde7

hyde7

Village Visitor

• Members
    • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 12 - 01:46 PM

thank god they have renewed the season \o/ please, do invite more handsome character!!! :panda_hearts:
    • berceuse likes this

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#12 nami

nami

• Retired Staff
    • Others:
      CTS Editor
      CTS Non-English Team
      CTS Supreme

• PipPipPip
    • 164 posts

Posted 22 May 12 - 06:35 AM

Oh... my... goodness...

The season finale...

Spoiler for season finale:
    Spoiler

I hope they have more of Jefferson in the next season. I love that character. That actor just nails it!

I can't seem to like or care for Emma for some reason. Is anyone else having this problem?
    • berceuse likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#13 Jeebus

Jeebus

Chatter Smurf

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,442 posts
      • Time Online: 14d 8h 50m 14s
  • Local Time: Feb 21 17 08:24 AM
    • LocationBrisbane, Australia
    • Referred By:Other
    • Star sign:Sagittarius

Posted 30 May 12 - 02:08 PM

Lana Parrilla as The Evil Queen...

My dear dear dear Queen...
    Your beauty preceeds you :P

(Jeebus practising Witchcraft/Wizardry)
    • berceuse likes this

MUCH APPRECIATED BY:

JEE BUS :]

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#14 Jeebus

Jeebus

Chatter Smurf

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,442 posts

Posted 30 May 12 - 02:08 PM

Lana Parrilla as The Evil Queen...

My dear dear dear Queen...
    Your beauty precedes you :P

(Jeebus practising Witchcraft/Wizardry)
    • berceuse likes this

MUCH APPRECIATED BY:

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#15 hyde7

hyde7

Village Visitor

• Members
    • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 12 - 03:30 PM

agree with nami...

evntgh he's a minor character, he nails it.. and yeah, i do hate emma for some reason.. it takes episodessszzzz :panda_monster_munch: :panda_protest: :panda_scream: for her to believe the magic stuff..
    • berceuse likes this

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#16 Jeebus

Jeebus

Chatter Smurf

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,442 posts

Posted 30 May 12 - 03:49 PM

agree with nami...

evntgh he's a minor character, he nails it.. and yeah, i do hate emma for some reason.. it takes episodessszzzz :panda_monster_munch: :panda_protest: :panda_scream: for her to believe the magic stuff..

LOL! cant expect much from Emma :P
    • berceuse likes this

MUCH APPRECIATED BY:

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#17 ajeebzs

ajeebzs

Village Visitor

• Members
    • 4 posts
      • Time Online: 21h 22m 20s
  • Local Time: Feb 20 17 06:24 PM
    • LocationNew York, USA
    • Star sign:Unknown

Posted 31 May 12 - 01:36 AM

But that's part of the plan....if she believed it right away it would not have made the show worth it....but m excited to see what happens next season!!!!!! :panda_girl_yikes: :panda_downdowndown:
    • berceuse likes this
    [img]http://http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28200000/Lee-Min-Ho-korean-actors-and-actresses-28213821-302-400.jpg[/img]

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#18 Jeebus

Jeebus

Chatter Smurf

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,442 posts

Posted 31 May 12 - 04:28 AM

I agree!

*Magic...makes the world go around*

So Emma dear...open you eyes please to the beauty of magic xD

(Jeebus/Wizzard)
    • berceuse likes this

MUCH APPRECIATED BY:

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#19  united06

united06

PR Co-Admin, Graphics Team Leader and Recap & Review Member

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Graphics
      DSS Public Relations
      DSS Recap & Review
       Post Reviewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,796 posts
      • Time Online: 70d 30m 8s
    • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 08 Jun 12 - 01:04 AM

I can't decide whether to watch this. The storyline sounds quite promising, but there seems to be lots of negative reviews about it. How would you guys rate it out of 10? :)
    • berceuse likes this

image-6AC9_5348A9EC.jpg
    ~ I have never forgotten you. I may not recognise you, but my heart knows you, my heart loves you ~

image-8CCD_526BA42C.jpg

★ follow us on twitter | facebook | google+ | tumblr | pinterest | instagram 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#20 nami

nami

• Retired Staff
    • Others:
      CTS Editor
      CTS Non-English Team
      CTS Supreme

• PipPipPip
    • 164 posts

Posted 08 Jun 12 - 07:40 AM

I can't decide whether to watch this. The storyline sounds quite promising, but there seems to be lots of negative reviews about it. How would you guys rate it out of 10? :)

Season 1 I'd give... hmm... because of Mr. Gold, Jefferson, Snow and Charming...

8/10

There are some things that are so awesome, but then some things, like Emma, where it's like ugh.
    • berceuse likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ongoing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!