Logo

•  

Advertisement

Welcome to DarkSmurfSub.com

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DarkSmurfSub.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DarkSmurfSub.com by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics, reply to others, chat with members, sent personal messages to other members.
  • Browse, Download & Watch with Latest DarkSmurfSub Subtitles - updated daily.
  • To participate as Translators/Editors in creating multi-language subtitles.
  • And many exclusive Members Only features when you become a registered Member (Membership is Free)!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

[Korea] Kang Ji Hwan

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 goli

goli

Graphics Team Member & Discussions Facilitator

• DSS Graphics
  • Others:
    DSS Discussions
     Post Reviewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
    • Time Online: 42d 4h 41m 2s
  • Local Time: Oct 31 14 08:29 PM
    • LocationMy Home?
    • Referred By:Other Sites
    • Star sign:Capricorn

Posted 16 Jun 12 - 06:22 PM

Kang Ji Hwan~~강지환

image-D648_50B0DA1D.jpg

Profile:

Name: 강지환 / Kang Ji Hwan
    Profession: Actor
    Birthdate: 1977-Mar-20
    Height: 184cm
    Weight: 73kg
    Star sign: Pisces
    Blood type: B
    Talent agency: S Plus

Kang made his debut in the entertainment industry through popular musical productions The Rocky Horror Show and Grease. Then he played small roles in popular Korean TV Dramas such as Summer Scent (KBS2, 2003), Nonstop 4 (MBC,2003), Youth! Fly To The Sky (KBS2, 2004), More Beautiful Than A Flower (KBS2) and Save the Last Dance for Me (SBS,2004)
    He started to play lead roles and shot to fame in MBC's 2005 TV Drama Be Strong, Geum-soon!, in which he co-starred with Han Hye-jin. His role in this drama also made him become famous outside Korea, especially in Japan, China, and Taiwan.
    Meanwhile his first movie debut was in an independent movie in 2005 titled Host and Guest from the Korean director named Shin Dong-il. This movie was acclaimed both in Korean and International Film Festival, including shown in Berlin Film Festival and The 32nd Seattle Film Festival in 2006. He was then cast in the film Rough Cut for which he won several Best New Actor awards for his performance. He played Su-ta, a hot-tempered action star opposite So Ji-sub who played a gangster who wants to be an actor. In 2009 he starred in the action romantic comedy My Girlfriend is an Agent opposite Kim Ha-neul and won Best New Actor at the Grand Bell Awards.
    In 2011, he stars with Yoon Eun-hye in the drama, Lie to Me, as the wealthy owner of World Hotel, Hyun Ki-Joon. In this drama Gong Ah-Jung (Yoon Eun-hye) tells a small white lie to her old friend saying she is married. When Gong Ah-Jung is seen with Hyun Ki-Joon (Kang Ji-hwan)later on, everyone assumes he is her husband and the rumour starts to spread.

Dramas:

Big Man (KBS2, 2014)

Incarnation of Money (SBS, 2013)

Lie to Me (SBS, 2011)
    Coffee House (SBS, 2010)
    Style (SBS, 2009, cameo)
    Telecinema The Fool That I Love (SBS, 2009)
    Hong Gil Dong (KBS2, 2008)
    Capital Scandal (KBS2, 2007)
    90 Days, Falling in Love Days (MBC, 2006)
    Exhibition of Fireworks (MBC, 2006)
    Be Strong Geum Soon (MBC, 2005)
    Save the Last Dance for Me (SBS, 2004)
    If You Only Knew (KBS2, 2004)
    More Beautiful Than a Flower (KBS2, 2004)
    Nonstop 4 (MBC, 2003)
    Summer Scent (KBS2, 2003)

Movies:

Runway Cop (2012)
    The Relation of Face, Mind and Love (2009)
    My Girlfriend is an Agent (2009)
    Rough Cut (2008)
    Host & Guest (2005)

Awards:

2009 46th Grand Bell Awards – Best New Actor for My Girlfriend is an Agent
    2009 45th Baeksang Arts Awards – Best New Actor for Rough Cut
    2008 7th Korean Film Awards – Best New Actor for Rough Cut
    2008 29th Blue Dragon Film Awards – Best New Actor for Rough Cut
    2008 28th Critics Choice Awards – Best New Actor for Rough Cut
    2008 44th Baeksang Arts Awards – Popularity Award for Hong Gil Dong
    2008 KBS Drama Awards – Best Couple Award for Hong Gil Dong, with Sung Yu Ri
    2008 KBS Drama Awards – Netizen award for Hong Gil Dong
    2007 KBS Drama Awards – Excellent Acting Award for Capital Scandal
    2007 KBS Drama Awards – Best Couple Award for Capital Scandal, with Han Ji Min
    2005 MBC Drama Awards – Best New Actor for Be Strong, Geum-soon!
    2005 MBC Drama Awards, Excellent Acting Award for Be Strong, Geum-soon!

image-FCA8_50B0DA1D.jpg

Spoiler

Credits: Wikipedia & DramaWiki

Edited by Ahmi_Jai, 07 Aug 14 - 07:52 PM.
    linking

• zary.azr, krstjb and asi2mblaq like this

image-6916_51E973EB.jpg

*by me*

"The best revenge? Smile, be happy and never let them know it hurt."

Goo Hara, KARA

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Advertisement

#2 asi2mblaq

asi2mblaq

newbie ;p

• Members
    • 23 posts
      • Time Online: 6d 4h 55m 43s
  • Local Time: Oct 31 14 04:59 PM
    • Locationthe land of butterflies ^^
    • Referred By:Friend
    • Star sign:Unknown

Posted 16 Jun 12 - 07:01 PM

Yes !!!!! Full of photo's !!!! I so liked him in 'Lie to Me' and 'Coffe house' !!!!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Does he have a new project drama this year ??????

Gomawo Goli for the thread ,Posted ImagePosted Image

image-46E1_52CBC580.gif

~ In A Good Way~

* ' I feel u undress my mind ,when u kiss my forehead '

'Just touching your hands, I can reveal you my soul ,tell me if you recognise my voice' *

#3 goli

goli

• DSS Graphics
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
       Post Reviewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,327 posts
    • LocationMy Home?

Posted 16 Jun 12 - 09:28 PM

yes he does it's a movie called: Runway Cop
    • asi2mblaq likes this

image-6916_51E973EB.jpg

*by me*

Goo Hara, KARA

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#4 Mei Minami

Mei Minami

DSS Recap & Reviewer and Discussions Facilitator

• DSS Recap & Review
    • Others:
      CTS Casual
      Donators
      DSS Discussions
       Post Reviewer

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • 824 posts
      • Time Online: 13d 21h 51m 15s
  • Local Time: Oct 31 14 11:59 AM
    • Star sign:Unknown

Posted 10 Oct 12 - 10:44 PM

NEWS ARTICLE

Kang Ji-hwan chosen as Lotte Hotel model
    Source: hancinema

Posted Image

Actor Kang Ji-hwan has been chosen as a hotel model which any Hallyu star would dream of.

Kang Ji-hwan will be the representing face of Lotte Hotel for the next year and will participate in various Hallyu events.

Lotte Hotel has been working only with Hallyu stars. Currently Jang Geun-seok, Kim Hyeon-joong and Kim Soo-hyeon are on the go.

Lotte Hotel spokesperson revealed, "Through Kang Ji-hwan who has great popularity and influence in Japan, we will focus on maintaining tourists in the Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka and other middle eastern parts of Japan. "We hope Kang's popularity and influence cast a positive affect on us".

Kang Ji-hwan is currently popular in Japan for the drama, "Lie to Me" and movie "Runway Cop".

• asi2mblaq likes this

Signature-Makoto01small_zpsdcc971d9.png

"If I were the rain that binds together the Earth and the sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle... Would I be able to bind two hearts together?"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#5 goli

goli

• DSS Graphics
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
       Post Reviewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,327 posts
    • LocationMy Home?

Posted 29 Dec 12 - 09:28 AM

Kang Ji Hwan Is Still Trouble With His Former Agency

This is too bad because maybe we will not see Kang Ji Hwan on any small screen, big screen, or even on musical in the close time. the actor is still stucked on his problem with his former agency, S Plus. Actually his contract ends on December, but since October, as de facto Kang Ji Hwan has been taken care by his lawyer, since he think that the agency not work properly as he hopes.

The situation makes both sides lose and blame each other. Both sides has already held a couple of meeting to reach the agreement, but they failed.

On November, Kang Ji Hwan refused mediation process that offered by CEMA (Corea Entertainment Management Association). Finally this month, the agency and Kang Ji Hwan as well decided to chose litigation process to solve their conflict. The agency sued Kang Ji Wan for unilaterally break the contract and demand compensation.

Legal battle is very long process and exhausting, what a pity if Kang Ji Hwan wasting his precious time just for this.

credits: Kdramachoa

• asi2mblaq likes this

image-6916_51E973EB.jpg

*by me*

Goo Hara, KARA

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#6 zary.azr

zary.azr

CTS Persian Casual and Discussions Facilitator

• CTS Non-English Team
    • Others:
      CTS Casual
      DSS Discussions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,057 posts
      • Time Online: 41d 13h 28m 37s
    • Locationiran,ahvaz
    • Referred By:Google Search
    • Star sign:Aries

Posted 18 Jan 13 - 10:04 AM

Actor Kang Ji Hwan Denies Assaulting His Manager
    Posted Image
    On January 17th at a media conference, actor Kang Ji Hwan raised his voice regarding the scandal with his previous label S Plus Entertainment.
    Kang Ji Hwan shared, “Last year, there were many reports about this scandal and I felt so frustrated. If I had said anything at the time, it would have caused even bigger news, so I refrained myself from saying anything.”
    Legal problems between the actor and S Plus Entertainment started since October 2012. Back then, S Plus Entertainment demanded $340,000 from Kang Ji Hwan for damages he caused, while Kang Ji Hwan filed a lawsuit against the label for defamation of character. S Plus Entertainment also claimed that Kang Ji Hwan had physically harassed his manager.
    However, Kang Ji Hwan stated, “I have had no problems with my managers. In fact I still talk to them from time to time. It is unfortunate that people would make up such vicious and false reports. If I was guilty in any way, I would not have sued the agency for defamation of character. I would have kept quiet. Their report of physical assault is ludicrous.”
    He added, “As for the report of bad behaviour towards a director, it is again false. I still keep in touch with the directors of my past works. In fact, one director has also sent me an encouraging message recently via Twitter. I just don’t understand how this rumor started.”
    Meanwhile, Kang Ji Hwan is having a leading role in the upcoming SBS’s drama “Incarnation of Money,” its first episode is to be aired on February 2nd, 2013.
    ohkpop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!