Logo

•  

Advertisement

Welcome to DarkSmurfSub.com

Sign In 

Create Account
Membership is closed for the time being, but we occasionally open it when there is increased interest from volunteer subbers to join, so check back when you are interested in subbing a new drama, if we are accepting new members to the community!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

[UK] Sherlock (2010 - Present)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Nee-chan

Nee-chan

Discussions Team Co-Admin & PR Team Leader

• Retired Staff
  • Others:
    CTS QC Trustee
    DSS Discussions
    DSS Public Relations

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
    • Time Online: 223d 6h 28m 1s
  • Local Time: Mar 28 17 11:40 AM
    • LocationIndia
    • Referred By:Other Sites
    • Star sign:Cancer

Posted 15 Jul 12 - 06:49 AM

Posted Image

Details:
    Genre: Crime drama
    Created by: Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss (Based on the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
    Written by: Mark Gatiss, Steven Moffat, Steve Thompson
    Directed by : Toby Haynes, Euros Lyn, Paul McGuigan
    Country of origin: United Kingdom
    Language(s): English
    No. of series: 2
    No. of episodes : 6

Episodes

Two series, each consisting of three episodes, have been produced and broadcast. The first series was first broadcast in July and August 2010, with a second series of three episodes first broadcast in January 2012. A third series has been commissioned and will reportedly air in 2013. The series has been sold to over 180 territories.

Series 1 (2010)

Steven Moffat wrote the first episode, "A Study in Pink", loosely based upon A Study in Scarlet. Coky Giedroyc had directed a 60-minute version of the episode, but it had to be reshot when the BBC commissioned episodes of 90 minutes' duration. The revised version of "A Study in Pink", directed by Paul McGuigan, was first broadcast simultaneously on BBC One and BBC HD on 25 July 2010.

The second episode, "The Blind Banker", in which Holmes is hired by an old friend to investigate a mysterious break-in at a bank in the City, was written by Stephen Thompson and directed by Euros Lyn.The first series concluded with "The Great Game", which was first broadcast on 8 August 2010. The episode introduces the character of Jim Moriarty to the series (Andrew Scott), who sets Holmes deadlines to solve a series of apparently unrelated cases. Written by Mark Gatiss and directed by McGuigan, "The Great Game" ends in a cliffhanger in which Sherlock and Moriarty reach a standoff involving a bomb removed moments earlier from Watson.

Series 2 (2012)

After the high ratings for "A Study in Pink", the BBC were reportedly eager to produce more episodes. On 10 August 2010, it was confirmed that Sherlock had been renewed for a second series.At the Kapow! 2011 convention, Gatiss confirmed which stories would be adapted, and that the writers of the first series would each write an episode for series two.[Acknowledging that "A Scandal in Bohemia", The Hound of the Baskervilles and "The Final Problem" are amongst the best-known Holmes stories, Gatiss explained, "We knew after having a successful first run that the natural order would be to do three of the most famous [stories].There's the question of how to go out on a cliffhanger and then the thematic things of the three stories, where we were trying to get to and what Sherlock and John's relationship is a little further on. You can't just go back to: 'You have no emotions.' 'I don't care.' You've got to move on somewhere and make sure the other characters have something of a journey too. Paul McGuigan directed the first two episodes, and Doctor Who director Toby Haynes handled the last one. Filming ran from 16 May 2011 to 24 August 2011; Sue Vertue produced the first two episodes and Elaine Cameron produced the third, with Vertue credited as executive producer for this episode.The second series of three 90-minute episodes was initially planned to air in late 2011, but was delayed until early January 2012.

"A Scandal in Belgravia", written by Steven Moffat and directed by Paul McGuigan, was first broadcast on 1 January 2012. Loosely based on "A Scandal in Bohemia", the episode depicts Holmes's quest to retrieve compromising photos of a minor royal held on the camera phone of Irene Adler (Lara Pulver), a ruthless and brilliant dominatrix who also trades in classified information extracted from her rich and powerful clients.

Mark Gatiss wrote "The Hounds of Baskerville", which investigates the strange activities at a military base. Aware that The Hound of the Baskervilles, first published in 1902, was one of the most famous of Conan Doyle's original stories, Gatiss felt a greater responsibility to include familiar elements of the story than he does when adapting the lesser-known stories. Russell Tovey (Being Human) appeared as Henry Knight, a man whose father was ripped apart by a gigantic hound on Dartmoor twenty years earlier. Directed by McGuigan, the episode was first broadcast on 8 January 2012.

The second series concluded with "The Reichenbach Fall". Inspired by "The Final Problem", the episode follows Moriarty's plot to discredit and kill Sherlock Holmes. The title refers to the Reichenbach Falls, the location where Sherlock and Moriarty supposedly fall to their deaths in the original story. Stephen Thompson wrote the episode, which was directed by Haynes, who had previously directed many of Moffat's Doctor Who episodes. First broadcast on 15 January 2012, the episode concluded with Holmes faking his suicide as Watson looked on.

Series 3 (TBC)

The second series' final episode, "The Reichenbach Fall", was based upon "The Final Problem" (the title of the episode is pulled from the name of a waterfall in the short story), in which Sherlock plunges to his death (later, "The Adventure of the Empty House" reveals that Holmes faked his death, though Conan Doyle had meant to kill him off), but Steven Moffat felt that he and co-creator Mark Gatiss had outdone Conan Doyle in their version of Holmes' fall and Moffat added that, in that much-discussed sequence, there was still "a clue everybody's missed.After the end of the final episode of the second series, Moffat and Gatiss both announced on Twitter that a third series was commissioned at the same time as series two. A part of the resolution to "The Reichenbach Fall" was filmed alongside series two.

Executive producer Beryl Vertue confirmed, in March 2012, that the third series is expected to start production in 'early 2013', although it was too soon to relate any transmission details.[Moffat later confirmed that the third series would begin production in January 2013.Gatiss has confirmed that he will write the first episode of the third series, and that it would be 'loosely based' on "The Adventure of the Empty House".Gatiss also revealed that he plans to have Watson react very differently from the original character at the discovery of Holmes's return in season three; "I always found it a little unlikely that Dr Watson's only reaction was to faint for instance—as opposed to possibly a stream of terrible swear words," he said.Moffat and Thompson will again write the other two episodes.

Moffat aspires to tackle the fact that eventually Watson will be living apart from Holmes, though he's uncertain whether he'll have Watson get married in this adaptation.Moffat also wants to use other villains and adversaries from Conan Doyle's original stories. Without revealing if Moriarty faked his own death at the end of series two, Moffat has suggested that Moriarty will not feature heavily in future series of Sherlock.

Cast
    Benedict Cumberbatch
    Martin Freeman
    Mark Gatiss
    Rupert Graves
    Andrew Scott
    Una Stubbs
    Vinette Robinson
    Louise Brealey

credits: wiki
    • zary.azr, Narcissus and WitLily like this

Lee Jong Suk

Posted Image

~siggy by Amy-chan~

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter,Tumblr, Pinterest, google +

Posted Image

Thanx DSS graphics team for the avy and siggy.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Advertisement

#2  milkyway

milkyway

CTS Team Administrator

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      CTS Supreme
      CTS Translator (C)
      CTS Translator (Other)
      Donators
      SCT Uploader

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • 566 posts
      • Time Online: 86d 4h 57m 2s
  • Local Time: Mar 28 17 02:10 PM
    • Referred By:Undisclosed
    • Star sign:Unknown

Posted 15 Jul 12 - 07:58 AM

I have heard great things about this show. One of my friends even said "it is a sin" because I have not watched this show before. lol I'm currently downloading from season 1. Hopefully it is as good as everyone says it is :D
    • Nee-chan and zary.azr like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks to the Graphics Team Posted Image

Follow DSS on Facebook, tumblr, twitter, Google+, pinterest.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#3 Nee-chan

Nee-chan

• Retired Staff
    • Others:
      CTS QC Trustee
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Public Relations

• 3,000 posts
    • LocationIndia

Posted 15 Jul 12 - 08:05 AM

I have heard great things about this show. One of my friends even said "it is a sin" because I have not watched this show before. lol I'm currently downloading from season 1. Hopefully it is as good as everyone says it is :D

:lol: your friends are RIGHT!!! :P
    I have only watched season and it was mind blowing. Can't find time to watch season 2 because of all these awesome kdrama :P

YAY!!! The third season is on its way!!! :panda_flytoheaven:
    • laineyhog and SaliLOVESGD like this

Lee Jong Suk

Posted Image

~siggy by Amy-chan~

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#4 laineyhog

laineyhog

CTS English Translator

• CTS Translator (C)

• PipPipPipPip
    • 251 posts
      • Time Online: 10d 6m 8s
  • Local Time: Mar 28 17 04:10 PM
    • LocationMelbourne, Australia
    • Star sign:Aries

Posted 16 Jul 12 - 02:24 AM

:lol: your friends are RIGHT!!! :P
    I have only watched season and it was mind blowing. Can't find time to watch season 2 because of all these awesome kdrama :P

YAY!!! The third season is on its way!!! :panda_flytoheaven:

I know right? Can't wait for the 3rd season. Oh Nee-chan, 2nd season is amazingly good. It's hmm, 'rewarding'? :panda_funnyface: .This show is just amazing to the very little details. Sherlock's little tic and how Watson's character reflects us the normal people. It's mind boggling. Steven Moffatt is my favourite writer of all time, :panda_cheeky_haha: I need to stop, before I say another word of amazing..

Don't know if you all are Sherlock Holmes' fan. Just wondering what is your fav adaptation so far?

cheers,
    lainey aka hoggy.
    • Nee-chan and SaliLOVESGD like this

Follow her travel adventures here and here

Posted Image
    From a tv addict to another.

Thank you krstjb for this lovely siggy!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#5 soracantabile

soracantabile

DSS Discussions Facilitator

• DSS Discussions

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • 531 posts
      • Time Online: 68d 12h 45m 52s
  • Local Time: Mar 28 17 01:10 PM
    • Locationバンドン
    • Referred By:Google Search
    • Star sign:Virgo

Posted 18 Jul 12 - 03:01 AM

I love the movie and my friends said it was nothing compared to the series...
    I WANT TO WATCH!!!
    but I don't really like downloading UK or US series... idk why..kekeke
    I'll copy it from friends if I see them, maybe.. :P
    but all of them are out of town or even country >_<
    • Nee-chan likes this

~~share your thoughts about entertainmenthere!~~

〜美味しいものはいつでも美味しい〜
    〜ステキな服を着るとステキな人生になる〜

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#6 trish123

trish123

Village Visitor

• Members
    • 5 posts
      • Time Online: 8h 16s
  • Local Time: Mar 28 17 06:10 AM
    • LocationPhilippines
    • Star sign:Unknown

Posted 04 Aug 12 - 04:15 PM

I'm in love with this series. Although sometimes I had a hard time understanding their conversation because of the accent and they are talking sooooo fast. But still, love it and will definitely recommend it.

weeeee... excited for 3rd season :panda_downdowndown:
    • Nee-chan likes this

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#7 Nee-chan

Nee-chan

• Retired Staff
    • Others:
      CTS QC Trustee
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Public Relations

• 3,000 posts
    • LocationIndia

Posted 05 Aug 12 - 12:18 AM

Some scenes seems meaningless like in one of the eps all the cases that came to sherlock. I thought they were just fillers and were meant to show how choosy is our sherlock is but NO NO! LOL everything is somewhere or other connected and you can't take your eyes off the screen even once.

I'm in love with this series. Although sometimes I had a hard time understanding their conversation because of the accent and they are talking sooooo fast. But still, love it and will definitely recommend it.

weeeee... excited for 3rd season :panda_downdowndown:

Yes, sometimes they talk really fast :lol: I even have to watch few scenes again :P

I know right? Can't wait for the 3rd season. Oh Nee-chan, 2nd season is amazingly good. It's hmm, 'rewarding'? :panda_funnyface: .This show is

Truly!! It was amazing!!! My favorite ep was hound one... gosh so scary!!!
    • laineyhog likes this

Lee Jong Suk

Posted Image

~siggy by Amy-chan~

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#8 laineyhog

laineyhog

CTS English Translator

• CTS Translator (C)

• PipPipPipPip
    • 251 posts
      • Time Online: 10d 6m 8s
  • Local Time: Mar 28 17 04:10 PM
    • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 05 Aug 12 - 02:19 PM

Some scenes seems meaningless like in one of the eps all the cases that came to sherlock. I thought they were just fillers and were meant to show how choosy is our sherlock is but NO NO! LOL everything is somewhere or other connected and you can't take your eyes off the screen even once.

lol, Nee,

then you don't really know Steven Moffatt and Mark Gatiss... They don't write fillers. Period. Everything they put in the series means something...Eg, the Dr. Who series 5. They dropped little nuggets of hints in every single episode, and they all mean something.. Hehe.. :panda_cheeky_haha: it's actually rewatching it and pick those hints out and you learn something new again. :panda_suspicious:

Glad you've enjoyed it. I still find Sherlock's reaction to Irene cute and slightly attractive *clear throat*. Well, now I know where I can spazz now when the 3rd series come out.

from one tv addict to another
    lainey aka hoggy.
    • Nee-chan likes this

Follow her travel adventures here and here

Posted Image
    From a tv addict to another.

Thank you krstjb for this lovely siggy!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#9 Nee-chan

Nee-chan

• Retired Staff
    • Others:
      CTS QC Trustee
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Public Relations

• 3,000 posts
    • LocationIndia

Posted 05 Aug 12 - 03:57 PM

lol, Nee,

then you don't really know Steven Moffatt and Mark Gatiss... They don't write fillers. Period. Everything they put in the series means something...Eg, the Dr. Who series 5. They dropped little nuggets of hints in every single episode, and they all mean something.. Hehe.. :panda_cheeky_haha: it's actually rewatching it and pick those hints out and you learn something new again. :panda_suspicious:

hehe yes maybe coz till now I was sticking to asian mystery dramas especially japanese :panda_crazydance:
    and this is one is soooo different.

Glad you've enjoyed it. I still find Sherlock's reaction to Irene cute and slightly attractive *clear throat*. Well, now I know where I can spazz now when the 3rd series come out.

from one tv addict to another
    lainey aka hoggy.

LOL yeah they DID have the spark.
    Towards the end I was about to cry but the ending stopped me :P

Lee Jong Suk

Posted Image

~siggy by Amy-chan~

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#10 nami

nami

CTS Non-English Team Administrator

• Retired Staff
    • Others:
      CTS Editor
      CTS Non-English Team
      CTS Supreme

• PipPipPip
    • 164 posts
      • Time Online: 65d 12h 55m 37s
  • Local Time: Mar 27 17 11:10 PM
    • Referred By:Soompi
    • Star sign:Taurus

Posted 07 Aug 12 - 12:40 AM

It's an okay show I guess...

I mean it's nothing to go crazy over or obsess about or hound people into watching it...

It's not like I'm counting the days until they start shooting again...
    • Nee-chan likes this

Posted Image

Thanks krstjb for the siggy and avatar!

Posted Image

Thanks to the DSS Graphics Team for the siggy!

Follow DSS on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#11 soracantabile

soracantabile

• DSS Discussions

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • 531 posts
    • Locationバンドン

Posted 14 Aug 13 - 03:36 PM

one month before season 3 is started!!!!!

really waiting for this....!

• WitLily likes this

〜美味しいものはいつでも美味しい〜
    〜ステキな服を着るとステキな人生になる〜

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#12 Nee-chan

Nee-chan

• Retired Staff
    • Others:
      CTS QC Trustee
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Public Relations

• 3,000 posts
    • LocationIndia

Posted 17 Aug 13 - 02:35 AM

one month before season 3 is started!!!!!

really waiting for this....!

Its rather confusing... some says it will air in october but some says it will air next year :(
    waiting is really heartbreaking!

Lee Jong Suk

Posted Image

~siggy by Amy-chan~

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#13 soracantabile

soracantabile

• DSS Discussions

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • 531 posts
    • Locationバンドン

Posted 17 Aug 13 - 04:43 PM

Its rather confusing... some says it will air in october but some says it will air next year :(
    waiting is really heartbreaking!

idk..

I saw my friend posted a pic about this and it seems official.. it says next month... let's hope it's true!!

〜美味しいものはいつでも美味しい〜
    〜ステキな服を着るとステキな人生になる〜

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#14 Karolina

Karolina

Welcome Team Member

• DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,454 posts
      • Time Online: 10d 36m 49s
  • Local Time: Mar 28 17 07:10 AM
    • LocationPOLAND
    • Star sign:Sagittarius

Posted 05 Sep 13 - 01:49 PM

The best show ever! The acting is super! LOVE ALL OF THEM! Especially Moriarty! OMG! I'm in love with his acting!

Plus everything is so fresh! I'm so obssesed with the show I've bought the DVD Box of 2 seasons and I just can't wait for the season 3. So I must disagree with nami - I'm waiting like a crazy lady. I'm definately in love with the show! But the truth is from when I was little I've known all Sir Conan Doyle novels and Aghata Christie books so I just love the characters since childhood. Plus I know every movie connected with them. SHERLOCK is the best one when it comes to the dephs of the characters. Of course when I first heard it's gonna be modern version I was like : "Och bleeehh, AGAIN! It's just gonna be bad" but my friend show me the first episode and I was so shocked how good it i! Really worth watching! LOVE IT

And music in this series... JUST PERFECT

• zary.azr likes this
    image-69C6_530E1CCA.gif

+ 29.12.2013

1jyd.gif

Follow us on twitter ★facebook google + ★ tumblr★ pinterest

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#15 forgotten.

forgotten.

CTS English Casual

• CTS Casual

• Pip
    • 34 posts
      • Time Online: 3d 21h 54m 20s
  • Local Time: Mar 28 17 02:10 PM
    • Referred By:Undisclosed

Posted 29 Oct 13 - 03:01 PM

Mohohoho... I was hoping there's a discussion about this show! I freaking love it!

Okay, I'm just having a hard time with how long the episodes are because I'm fairly used to the hour-long dramas. But hey! More Sherlock awesomeness to watch! I love how the original stories are intertwined with this modern adaptation. That was my big disappointment with Elementary (which I also love, actually). Sherlock's Irene Adler was better than Elementary's, in my opinion.

I can't wait for the next season... I need to know how the fall happened! asdfghjkl

• Karolina likes this

288mm3p_zps691d3e3a.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#16 Karolina

Karolina

Welcome Team Member

• DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,454 posts
    • LocationPOLAND

Posted 10 Nov 13 - 06:44 PM

OMG OMG OMG

blbk.jpg

*EXCLUSIVE* The first official image from series three of #Sherlock, coming soon to BBC One.

"It's been a long time since Sherlock Holmes jumped off that roof - it's time to reveal the truth about what happened between him and the pavement" - Steven Moffat.

The question on everyone's lips will finally be answered when Sherlock returns with three brand new action-packed adventures. How did he do it? And how will John take the news that his best friend faked his own death? What will Sherlock think when he finds out John has fallen in love with Mary Morstan?

source: BBC One FB page

image-69C6_530E1CCA.gif

+ 29.12.2013

1jyd.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#17 Karolina

Karolina

Welcome Team Member

• DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,454 posts
    • LocationPOLAND

Posted 19 Dec 13 - 06:15 AM

OMG OMG OMG! JANUARY!!! I will die of being too anxious! Love the trailers!

http://wirewax.com/sherlock 

image-69C6_530E1CCA.gif

+ 29.12.2013

1jyd.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#18 soracantabile

soracantabile

• DSS Discussions

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • 531 posts
    • Locationバンドン

Posted 15 Jan 14 - 11:02 AM

so, yeay for season 3!

but is it just me? i don't think this season as good as previous two...

anyway, i enjoy it and once again, yeay!

〜美味しいものはいつでも美味しい〜
    〜ステキな服を着るとステキな人生になる〜

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#19 Karolina

Karolina

Welcome Team Member

• DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,454 posts
    • LocationPOLAND

Posted 15 Jan 14 - 06:12 PM

Well... I LOVE IT! Hahaha everyone is saying that but I didn't notice it ;) Especially the ending WAS A TOTAL BOMB!

image-69C6_530E1CCA.gif

+ 29.12.2013

1jyd.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#20 BlueChoco

BlueChoco

Baby Smurf

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 56 posts
      • Time Online: 1d 3h 16m 31s
  • Local Time: Mar 28 17 08:10 AM
    • Referred By:Friend
    • Star sign:Capricorn

Posted 16 Apr 14 - 06:39 PM

I would like to watching this, i think it's my taste, my genre !

I knew this from tumblr especially but don't think to watch it..

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!