Logo

•  

Advertisement

Welcome to DarkSmurfSub.com

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DarkSmurfSub.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DarkSmurfSub.com by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics, reply to others, chat with members, sent personal messages to other members.
  • Browse, Download & Watch with Latest DarkSmurfSub Subtitles - updated daily.
  • To participate as Translators/Editors in creating multi-language subtitles.
  • And many exclusive Members Only features when you become a registered Member (Membership is Free)!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Finished Airing

Age of Feeling (2014)

Kim Hyun-Joong

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 zary.azr

zary.azr

CTS Persian Casual and Discussions Facilitator

• CTS Non-English Team
  • Others:
    CTS Casual
    DSS Discussions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts
    • Time Online: 41d 13h 28m 37s
  • Local Time: Aug 01 14 09:14 AM
    • Locationiran,ahvaz
    • Referred By:Google Search
    • Star sign:Aries

Posted 04 Jun 13 - 07:46 PM

Age of Feeling

image-6161_531539BE.jpg

TV Show:  Age of Feeling (literal title)

Revised romanization: Gamgyukshidae

Hangul: 감격시대

Director: Kim Jung-Kyu

Writer: Bang Hak-Ki (cartoon)

Network: KBS2

Episodes: 24

Release Date: January, 2014 --

Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 21:55

Genre:

Language: Korean

Plot

Set in the 1930s in Shanghai, China. Drama series depicts friendships, love and patriotism of young people.

Notes

1. Takes over the KBS2 Wed. & Thu. 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "Beautiful Man".
    2. Based on the comic series "Age of Feeling" by Bang Hak-Ki (published by daily newspaper Sports Seoul from June, 1985 to June, 1988)
    3. First script reading takes place August 7, 2013 in the office for production company "Golden Pine".
    4. Filming begins August 24, 2013 in Shanghai, China.
    5. "Age of Feeling" was originally scheduled to air beginning in November, 2013, but due to the extensive overseas filming, the series has been postponed to January, 2013.

Cast

• Kim Hyun-Joong - Shin Jung-Tae
    • Lim Soo-Hyang - Ga-Ya
    • Jo Dong-Hyeok - Shinichi
    • Kim So-Eun - Yoon Ok-Ryeon
    • Han Jung-Soo - Shin Ma-Juk
    • Kim Sung-Oh - Jung Jae-Hwa
    • Kim Seo-Kyung - Mang-Chi
    • Jeong Ho-Bin
    • Park Cheol-Min
    • Son Byung-Ho
    • Kwak Dong-Yeon - Shin Jung-Tae (young)
    • Joo Da-Young - Ga-Ya (young)

(updates to follow)

dramabeans

Edited by Alannia, 04 Mar 14 - 02:28 AM.

• Asiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and Narcissus like this

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Advertisement

#2 zary.azr

zary.azr

• CTS Non-English Team
    • Others:
      CTS Casual
      DSS Discussions

• 2,057 posts
    • Locationiran,ahvaz

Posted 04 Jun 13 - 07:48 PM

Kwon Sang-woo in talks to join Medical Top Team

image-0D7A_51AB211C.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo is on the hunt for his next drama, and you can add Medical Top Team to the top of the list, as he has announced that he is considering taking the show and is currently in final talks. That sounds a lot closer to being confirmed than the last drama he was considering, period action series Age of Feeling, which makes me sad because that drama sounds cool but seems to be struggling to find a hero. It should just pull a Gaksital and cast a non-headliner in the lead, then be so great that he becomes a headliner because of it. C’mon, is that so hard? Now all you have to do is be awesome.

Ahem, but this post isn’t about that drama. Back to Medical Top Team, the new MBC medical show that has attached the PD of sageuk-romance mega-hit The Moon That Embraces the Sun, Kim Do-hoon. The very literal title is exactly what the show is about: a Dream Team comprising top geeeeenius doctors in various branches of medicine, telling stories of their struggles, ambitions, and daily lives being genius doctors. Yaaaawn. Oops, did I say that out loud?

But c’mon, Kwon Sang-woo, you’re killing me with your drama choices. I was all primed to be excited about that other one, but I’m just about medical-drama’d out. Unless the show is working a special angle, they tend to all bleed together in my mind. Kwon would be playing a smart, handsome, confident surgeon whose forthrightness gets him mistaken for a bad boy type, though he’s actually warm and kind and perfect, yaaawn. Oh I did it again, didn’t I?

The decision is not yet final, but it’s sounding like there’s a pretty good chance he’ll take it. The drama will be a Wednesday-Thursday show that will follow Two Weeks, which puts its premiere all the way in October.

Via E News 24

• Asiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and Narcissus like this

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#3 zary.azr

zary.azr

• CTS Non-English Team
    • Others:
      CTS Casual
      DSS Discussions

• 2,057 posts
    • Locationiran,ahvaz

Posted 14 Aug 13 - 02:43 PM

Age of Feeling gets its hero and leading ladies

image-B7B6_520B9754.jpg

ooooo, I’ve got some good news and some bad news for ya. And maybe some more bad news. I’ll let you decide which is which.

KBS’s 1930s period action-melo series Age of Feeling is back in action with a flurry of casting announcements, so hopefully three time’s the charm as idol-actor Kim Hyun-joong (Playful Kiss, Boys Before Flowers) takes the leading role. (The drama was previously passed up by Lee Jun-ki, who took Two Weeks instead, and Kwon Sang-woo, who took Medical Top Team.) My interest was piqued ever since I first heard this show announced, so I’m glad that it’s heading into actual production; the fizzled castings had me worried for a while. The show is set in Shanghai during the years of Japan’s occupation of Korea and much of the Pacific, which offers up plenty of opportunities for drama up in this drama.

One of the leading ladies will be played by Im Soo-hyang (IRIS 2, I Do I Do), who reportedly fell in love with the script and beat out several actresses for the role. Her character is an “ambitious and irresistible” woman with loads of charisma. She has a romantic relationship with hero Jung-tae (Kim Hyun-joong), but it’s because of his father that she loses the parents she’d only just found after ten years of separation, and thus twists their relationship into a fraught love-hate version.

image-6A68_520B9794.jpg

Kim So-eun (Happy Endings, Horse Healer) will be taking up another lead role (reports state that she’s verbally agreed and will be working out casting details) as a young lady with a tough, courageous attitude. (So… Im Soo-hyang is Rie and Kim So-eun is Mok Dan?) Her character becomes a singer (okay, so flashes of Lala), only to take up with the independence movement (no, Mok Dan again) once her first love dies. Thus she “holds a microphone in one hand and a bomb in the other.”

I foresee that with the genre, time period, and character types in play, Age of Feeling is sure to attract a number of Gaksital comparisons; that’s just inevitable. I do hope that the series can find a way to make this its own thing, because there’s a wealth of narrative possibilities in this world. Even if my reaction to the casting has dimmed the excitement a bit. Just please don’t pull a Poseidon with all your actor-swapping and story-sucking. Please?

Age of Feeling will be a 24-episode drama to premiere in November.

Via Star News, E Daily, TV Report

• Karolina likes this

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#4 Karolina

Karolina

Welcome Team Member

• DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,449 posts
      • Time Online: 9d 20h 26m 13s
  • Local Time: Aug 01 14 06:44 AM
    • LocationPOLAND
    • Referred By:Other Sites
    • Star sign:Sagittarius

Posted 14 Aug 13 - 06:20 PM

I completly agree with you but even though the photo of Kim Hyun-joong with a short hair looks amazing I'm really afraid of his acting. I BBF and kor version of ISWAK he just looked pretty and was veeerryyyy stiff like a wooden block and now there is even harder character - I'm really worried about his acting... He can look amazing - ok - but more as a model not as an actor. Just my opinion though

• zary.azr likes this
    image-69C6_530E1CCA.gif

+ 29.12.2013

1jyd.gif

Follow us on twitter ★facebook google + ★ tumblr★ pinterest

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#5 zary.azr

zary.azr

• CTS Non-English Team
    • Others:
      CTS Casual
      DSS Discussions

• 2,057 posts
    • Locationiran,ahvaz

Posted 17 Sep 13 - 12:11 PM

Age of Feeling loses timeslot to Pretty Man

image-D9FB_52384436.jpg

javabeans: Annnnnnd another Kim Hyun-joong drama bites the dust? Okay, so Age of Feeling hasn’t been cancelled-cancelled, but… it’s no longer in the running for a timeslot anytime this year.

girlfriday: I’d call that cancelled.

javabeans: KBS, on the other hand, calls it “It’s not cancelled we SWEAR, it’s just postponed, for, um, reasons, and it’ll air next year sometime, probably, we promise.”

girlfriday: It seems that the production is running into scheduling difficulties with its overseas shoots and had to request a delay, according to KBS. (The drama is set in the 1930s and will go from Korea to China to Japan, requiring lots of filming abroad. It also stars Kim So-eun, Im Soo-hyang, Han Jung-soo, Kim Sung-oh, and Jo Dong-hyuk.)

javabeans: All these stories are from KBS’s standpoint (of insisting they’re not cancelling the show, honest), which coincides with the flood of stories out now about the drama that usurped its spot, Jang Geun-seok’s Pretty Man. (More on that in the next post. Just give us, like, 15 minutes.)

girlfriday: Basically, nobody wants to say that KBS ditched Age of Feeling for Pretty Man but…

javabeans: It really just sounds like a desperate plea for your dorky second best friend not to hate you when you stand them up to go to your popular first best friend’s birthday party, which No. 2 wasn’t invited to, and you feel really bad about it, but like, you just can’t be in two places at once, you know.

girlfriday: To make up for it, KBS has announced that Age of Feeling will air AFTER Pretty Man.
    image-01B2_52384436.jpg
    javabeans: Omg I’m cracking up so hard at that. That is so much betterworse.

girlfriday: Classic example of the saying, giving you the illness and then giving you the medicine.

javabeans: Which is kind of like bitchslapping you and then apologizing for it, right? In any case, there is a crapload of scrambling going on at KBS right now, which has changed its story three times since we began writing this post. (Seriously.) Maybe you should have thought this out before you released five dozen contradictory press releases?

girlfriday: Sometimes the media fans flames where there are none, and sometimes KBS just shoots itself in the foot with its own flamethrower.

javabeans: So currently, KBS’s line is that Pretty Man airs in November, pushing back Age of Feeling to January.

girlfriday: This is the Wednesday-Thursday slot following Secret, which will compete with Heirs for at least a few weeks.

javabeans: Mmm, Lee Min-ho, Jang Geun-seok, and Kim Hyun-joong…. wait what were we talking about again?

girlfriday: On the upside, no matter who gets the timeslot, it’ll be pretty.

Via Newsen, E News 24, TV Report

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#6  Alannia

Alannia

Welcome Team Admin

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,287 posts
      • Time Online: 14d 17h 37m 25s
  • Local Time: Aug 01 14 01:44 PM
    • LocationMalaysia
    • Referred By:Friend
    • Star sign:Virgo

Posted 19 Sep 13 - 01:37 AM

Nooo.....I was trying to wait oh so patiently and this happens.

• zary.azr likes this

Follow DSS on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram

Posted Image

credit : thank you dear Asi-chan

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#7  Alannia

Alannia

Welcome Team Admin

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,287 posts
    • LocationMalaysia

Posted 07 Dec 13 - 06:27 PM

Kim Jae Wook To Play Kim Hyun Joong's Best Friend And Rival

The upcoming drama "The Age of Feeling" just got more attractive. Not only does it have the very attractive idol singer and actor Kim Hyun Joong playing the male lead but the actor Kim Jae Wook was just cast as his handsome rival.

Based on the comic series "Inspiring Generation," by Bang Hak Ki, the drama's storyline will explore the love and friendship between international independence fighters in 1930s Shanghai.

Kim Hyun Joong plays Shin Jung Tae, a street fighter. He's in love with Yoon Ok Ryeon, played by Jin Se Yeon. Kim Jae Wook has been cast to play Kim Soo Ok, Yoon's first love, a smart and sensitive artistic type. To complicate things further, Kim Soo Ok and Shin Jung Tae are best friends.

The inclusion of yet another attractive male star prompted a reporter to ask Jin Se Yeon who her ideal man might be in real life.

"Both Kim Hyun Joong and Kim Jae Wook are handsome," she said diplomatically.

Kim Jae Wook was discharged from his two-year military duty in April, but it took him a few months to return to acting.

"They say it takes time for an actor to feel comfortable acting again after his release from the military," he said. "I thought I would be an exception, but it turns out that I did need time."

His first role after leaving the military was playing a ghost in the tvN drama "Who Are You?" with So E. Hyun and 2PM's Ok Taecyeon. "Age of Feeling" will be his first historical drama after "Kingdom of the Winds."

"I am nervous about playing another role in a historical drama but at the same time I am happy to be taking on this challenge," said Kim Jae Wook. "I'm doing everything I can to create a charming character for the drama, so please stay tuned."

Kim Jae Wook was previously seen in the dramas "Coffee Prince," "Bad Guy" and "Mary Stayed Out All Night." He also appeared in the film "Antique Bakery."

"Age of Feeling" had its first script reading in October, as the drama was scheduled to air in November. Delays in Chinese location site permits postponed the series to January and script readings recently resumed. Kim So Eun, Kim Hyun Joong's "Boys Over Flowers" co-star was originally supposed to play Yoon Ok Ryeon but was forced to drop out of the series due to the delays and scheduling problems.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#8  Alannia

Alannia

Welcome Team Admin

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,287 posts
    • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 Dec 13 - 09:56 AM

Second Teaser (couldn't find the first one)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#9  Alannia

Alannia

Welcome Team Admin

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,287 posts
    • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 Dec 13 - 09:56 AM

The Making

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#10  Alannia

Alannia

Welcome Team Admin

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,287 posts
    • LocationMalaysia

Posted 31 Dec 13 - 05:01 AM

'Generation of Youth' unveils teaser poster featuring Kim Hyun Joong + male character cuts

'Generation of Youth' captured its noir vibe against the backdrop of Shanghai with Kim Hyun Joong as the center in its teaser poster!

image-A7A7_52C24ED4.jpg

The dark colors of the city and Kim Hyun Joong's vintage striped suit and fedora match the timeline of the drama which takes place in the 1930s, further emphasized by the title's calligraphy design done by actor Jo Dal Hwan. Although we don't get to see all of the idol-turned-actor's handsome face, the poster achieves a darker and more mysterious effect.

'Generation of Youth' is a romantic crime drama set in the 1930s centering around young fighters and their story of love and friendship. It will premiere following 'Pretty Man' on January 15!

Also, check out the character cuts released below of the male actors, Kim Hyun Joong, Cho Dong Hyuk, Kim Sung Oh, Yoon Hyun Min, and Yang Ik Jun.

image-AB74_52C24EFA.jpg

Source : Allkpop

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#11  united06

united06

PR Co-Admin, Graphics Team Leader and Recap & Review Member

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Graphics
      DSS Public Relations
      DSS Recap & Review
       Post Reviewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,704 posts
      • Time Online: 68d 9h 58m 4s
  • Local Time: Aug 01 14 03:44 PM
    • LocationSydney, Australia
    • Star sign:Gemini

Posted 31 Dec 13 - 08:56 AM

I'm looking forward to this drama~! ^-^ The current prime dramas are all quite pretty and bright after Secret ended, so it'll be nice to throw a little noir into the mix! Ahhh noir, I haven't seen you since Heartless City, which I might add traumatised me a little with its crappy ending.

Plus, this drama is giving me Gaksital vibes and I LOVED Gaksital, so I'm psyched to see how this story pans out. Also, pretty boy Kim Hyun Joong as resident street fighting badboy? Bring it on~! :D
    • Alannia likes this

image-6AC9_5348A9EC.jpg
    ~ I have never forgotten you. I may not recognise you, but my heart knows you, my heart loves you ~

image-8CCD_526BA42C.jpg

★ follow us on twitter | facebook | google+ | tumblr | pinterest | instagram 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#12  Alannia

Alannia

Welcome Team Admin

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,287 posts
    • LocationMalaysia

Posted 31 Dec 13 - 04:26 PM

I've wanted to watch Heartless City but I've heard about the ending and now you sort of reinforced it so I am really hesitating whether to watch it. Gaksital.....that's on my to-watch list.

Though I am really looking forward to this drama, I am also afraid for Hyun Joong's acting. I hope that he has improved as he has never been good at it. Aaah....no more pretty boy for this show. 

• united06 likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#13  united06

united06

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Graphics
      DSS Public Relations
      DSS Recap & Review
       Post Reviewer

• 5,704 posts

Posted 31 Dec 13 - 11:18 PM

Heartless City is a fantastic drama - up until the end lol. They went for the easy way out, which was completely disappointing. Gaksital on the other hand, had a similar style of ending, but I was anticipating it so it was okay. In fact, it worked tonnes better given the different context!

Yes, I was worried too about Hyun Joong's acting haha. I doubt he'll match up to Joo Won, but our screens have been graced with lots of improved acting from idol stars lately, so I'm hopeful! ^-^
    • Alannia likes this

image-6AC9_5348A9EC.jpg
    ~ I have never forgotten you. I may not recognise you, but my heart knows you, my heart loves you ~

image-8CCD_526BA42C.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#14  Alannia

Alannia

Welcome Team Admin

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,287 posts
    • LocationMalaysia

Posted 02 Jan 14 - 06:04 AM

Ok. I will give Heartless City a go, then, after I finished School 2013.

Yes, he definitely won't be able to match up to Joo Won. Here's to hoping that he has improved *fingers crossed*

• united06 likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#15  Alannia

Alannia

Welcome Team Admin

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,287 posts
    • LocationMalaysia

Posted 08 Jan 14 - 03:08 AM

Another teaser

• united06 likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#16  Alannia

Alannia

Welcome Team Admin

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,287 posts
    • LocationMalaysia

Posted 08 Jan 14 - 03:13 AM

Poster Shooting

• united06 likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#17  Alannia

Alannia

Welcome Team Admin

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,287 posts
    • LocationMalaysia

Posted 09 Jan 14 - 09:31 AM

'Boys Over Flowers' Kim Hyun Joong and Jung Ho Bin show off their close friendship

image-8FDD_52CE6BF3.jpg

Kim Hyun Joong and Jung Ho Bin made K-drama fans' day with their display of friendship on the set of 'Generation of Youth'!

Although it's been five years since Kim Hyun Joong and Jung Ho Bin starred in the unforgettable drama 'Boys Over Flowers', the pair still seemed close, making fans smile with their 'Friend 2' parody on set alongside co-star Choi Il Hwa. Kim Hyun Joong and Jung Ho Bin are reuniting for their upcoming KBS 2TV drama 'Generation of Youth', and fans were unable to notice the actors' 17-year age gap with their cute friendship.

A rep commented, "The symbiotic effect of the sunbae-hoobae actors' good teamwork is creating a fun atmosphere on set. Although Choi Il Hwa, Jung Ho Bin, and Kim Hyun Joong showed their cute charms behind the scenes, once the cameras started rolling, they were overwhelming with charisma."

Credit : Allkpop

• united06 likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#18  united06

united06

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Graphics
      DSS Public Relations
      DSS Recap & Review
       Post Reviewer

• 5,704 posts

Posted 09 Jan 14 - 10:12 AM

Omo, they look cute together~! ;)

chitu.jpg

feeling55.jpg

feeling54.jpg

feeling73.jpg

Credit: Koala | DramaBeans

• Alannia likes this

image-6AC9_5348A9EC.jpg

image-8CCD_526BA42C.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#19  united06

united06

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Graphics
      DSS Public Relations
      DSS Recap & Review
       Post Reviewer

• 5,704 posts

Posted 09 Jan 14 - 10:27 AM

And omo I didn't know until now that Jin Se Yeon is back in occupation-era! She must really like the 1930s~! :P

Ahhhh, how the Gaksital comparisons are growing!!! What with Se Yeon playing the love interest again and a kimino-clad Im Soo Hyang playing a Japanese love interest who kicks ass without so much as creasing her elaborate outfit (flashbacks of Rie?). At least this time Se Yeon's character doesn't seem like the impulsive dirt-covered rebel type - she gets to wear pretty dresses! xD

• Alannia likes this

image-6AC9_5348A9EC.jpg

image-8CCD_526BA42C.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#20  Alannia

Alannia

Welcome Team Admin

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,287 posts
    • LocationMalaysia

Posted 10 Jan 14 - 02:46 AM

Omo, they look cute together~! ;)

feeling73.jpg

Credit: Koala | DramaBeans

They do look cute together and look as though they are having so much fun during filming.

And omo I didn't know until now that Jin Se Yeon is back in occupation-era! She must really like the 1930s~! :P

Ahhhh, how the Gaksital comparisons are growing!!! What with Se Yeon playing the love interest again and a kimino-clad Im Soo Hyang playing a Japanese love interest who kicks ass without so much as creasing her elaborate outfit (flashbacks of Rie?). At least this time Se Yeon's character doesn't seem like the impulsive dirt-covered rebel type - she gets to wear pretty dresses! xD

Now you have made me curious. I must quickly go and watch Gaksital then.

• united06 likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Finished Airing, Kim Hyun-Joong

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!