Logo

•  

Advertisement

Welcome to DarkSmurfSub.com

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DarkSmurfSub.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
DarkSmurfSub is a private subtitle translation site and not a streaming site, so any video-watching is only for those who help out. As our member, you can watch the videos online with our subs while you help translate/edit the subs in multi-languages.

New Members registration is currently open for new drama projects.

Be a part of DarkSmurfSub.com by signing in or creating an account.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
!SPOILER!

Reply 1994 VS Reply 1997

reply1997 reply1994 goara jungwoo baro eunji seoinguk hoya

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 muzmuz

muzmuz

PR team member

• DSS Public Relations

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
    • Time Online: 26d 20h 45m 23s
  • Local Time: Jan 21 17 04:07 AM
    • LocationIn my La La Land
    • Referred By:Other Sites
    • Star sign:Leo

Posted 21 Oct 13 - 07:56 PM

Reply 1994 VS Reply 1997

thumb-416A_526580AE.jpg thumb-4D8B_526580AE.jpg

So you’ve seen the first 2 episodes of Reply 1994 and you’re wondering where you’ve seen some of the scenes….. That’s because it’s probably been shown in Reply 1997 that’s why …..

Since I’ve already been in love with Reply 1997 *watched it over 5 times* I had to watch Reply 1994 and couldn’t help but notice few things…..

This topic is for us to talk and compare all the similarities and differences between the two dramas in the most friendliest way…

Join us and let’s talk our hearts out…. Each week I’ll be adding more notes and pictures… So make sure you follow this topic *Warning smile* …. Loooooooooooool kidding.

Beware MAJOR SPOILERS are ahead so don't BLAME me later on.  :panda_cookie: 

1.     Our Beloved Parents: :panda_clap:

In case you haven’t noticed Uri Beloved parents who amused us and made us laugh our hearts out are BACK as Na jung ‘ Go Ah Ra’ parents….

Meet Sung Dong ll as Na jung’s Appa * you may recognize him as Joonie’s appa from DWRYG*…. Uri baseball couch is back and is more lively as ever.

thumb-D023_526580AE.jpg

Also Welcome Lee ll hwa as Na jung’s Umma…. Uri beloved mother who loves to COOK tones of food for her kids.

thumb-D1F3_526580AE.jpg

2.     Our handsome F5: :panda_love: 

So both series have 5 handsome Men friending our lovely Heroine and of course one of them is the possible mysterious Husband.

Reply 1997 handsome F5 *couldn’t find a pic of the five of them*

•  
    • Seo In Guk as Yoon Yoon Jae
    •  

§  Hoya as Kang Joon Hee

§  Eun Ji Won (은지원) as Do Hak Chan

§  Lee Shi Un as Bang Sung Jae

§  Song Jong Ho as Yoon Tae Woong

thumb-8396_526580AE.jpg

Reply 1994 handsome F5:

Jung Woo as Sseu Re Ki / Trash

§  Yoo Yun Suk as Chil Bong Yi

§  Kim Sung Kyun as Sham Chun Po

§  Son Ho Joon as Hae Tae

§  Baro as Bing Geu Re

thumb-B965_5265810A.jpg

3.     The lovely Bromance: :panda_shock: 

Of course now days k-drama is never short of a cute lovely bromance…. What can they do… they need to feed us delusional girls…. So here you go.

Yoon Jae and Joon hee…. Who here didn’t go ‘awwwww’ and ‘kiyaaaaaa’ at these two, even though joon hee was gay but who cares… they defined was bromance is all about.

thumb-D86A_52658364.jpg

thumb-BDBF_52658364.jpg

Sham chun Po and Hae tae…. Even though am not sure how good they will be compared to the above couple, but its certainly that we will get a lot of bromance from these two and am looking forward to seeing their relationship progress.

thumb-FF82_52658364.jpg

thumb-7C54_526583B8.jpg

4.     The Heroine Crazy Fangirling: :panda_hearts: 

So both Uri heroines are crazy about their OPPAS… Sung Shi won is Crazy about Tony Ah from the idol group H.O.T to the point that she is known as ‘ Tony’s wife’ and will go to the extreme to see him.

thumb-1392_5265810A.jpg

thumb-D0AE_5265810A.jpg

thumb-87D3_5265810A.jpg

On the other hand Sung Na jung is Crazy about the Basketball player Lee Sang min *at that time Basketball players were considered the idols* …. She too will go to the end to see her oppa to the point that she lands in the hospital with 3 slipped discs.

thumb-9229_5265810A.jpg

thumb-6B5F_52658364.jpg

thumb-E14F_52658364.jpg

5.     The childhood friend: :panda_flying: 

Of course our heroine’s best friend is her childhood oppa/ chingu who grew up with her and tolerated all her abuse, mood swings and was there for her during the happy and sad moments.

Shin Won and yoon Jae

thumb-E374_526583B8.jpg

Na jung and Re Ki

thumb-B68C_526583B8.jpg

6.     Uri Heroine is a warrior: :panda_kill: 

Uri lovely heroines are not your normal heroines as they are both a fighters and won’t stand it if you say something wrong especially if it was about their oppas… and usually their victims are there childhood friends.

thumb-B923_526583B8.jpg

thumb-D694_526583B8.jpg

7.     Mysterious husband: :panda_loveit: 

Now the biggest tease in the Reply serious is that they never tell us who the heroine’s husband is till the series is almost over, and usually present him with either a Hand or legs * I mean we’re bound to figure him son enough*

thumb-8B84_52658486.jpg thumb-2980_52658486.jpg

Now below are my own speculations but have to be made regarding our mysterious husband.

8.     The other guy: :panda_yah_dance: 

We all know that Shi won dates tae woong before realizing her feeling for Yoon Jae, and honestly even though I wanted to think of them as a couple, they only reminded me of an oppa and his lovely dongsaeng.

thumb-A572_52658486.jpg

thumb-53D4_52658486.jpg

thumb-B3DE_52658486.jpg

Therefore I have a feeling that Uri Na jung will also date someone before ending up with her true love and as it was seen from the pilot episode that someone is non other than our baseball player Chil Bong Yi.

thumb-235B_526584F1.jpg

thumb-BF54_526584F1.jpg

thumb-8646_526584F1.jpg

9.     The Kiss:  :panda_hearts:  :panda_loveit: 

Now we’ve been over this a million times before but just for the sake of it I’ll say it again… THE ONE THAT GETS THE FIRST KISS IS THE GUY….  And was it a coincidence that both first kisses happened in episode 2… I think not…

thumb-AAA6_526584F1.jpg thumb-A799_526584F1.jpg

So my lovely girls and boys… these are the similar things that I’ve found between the two dramas so far…. Tell me what you think and if you have more to add then do Tell…..

For now take care all  :panda_glow: 

• Asiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and WitLily like this

~~~~~~ Too fast to live ... Too young to die ~~~~~

"Always keep the faith" DB5K jea & chunniiii

joowon80_zpsde5e3060_14928_zpsc4c307a6.g

image-ABA3_4FD4133A.jpg

Follow us on Facebook Twitter Tumblr  instagram to find what is going on on DSS

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Advertisement

#2  Asiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Asiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Admin

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Graphics
      DSS Public Relations
      DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,268 posts
      • Time Online: 218d 15h 49m 34s
  • Local Time: Jan 21 17 12:07 AM
    • LocationNear by The Danube River
    • Referred By:Google Search
    • Star sign:Unknown

Posted 22 Oct 13 - 05:19 AM

*Warning *

I think you've read your baby girls thoughts ,meaning I really wanted to bad mouth this serie reply 1994 !

I hope I don't ruin your mood BUT OMAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA it's a failure .I barelly made myself to watch top 30 min from 1st episode !

As always I love the Parents :lol: ! I am crazy about those 2 :D !

When it cames to the 6.     Uri Heroine is a warrior and her relation with her oppa kiya it's so streched to the maximum !!!

I wonder if at the end of this seson they both still have some hair left in their heads !

I mean in the first seson it was balanced her warrior atitude and her conduct towards oppa :P ! But here ,here is over the top !

And it's all going in a slow motion lol .At least in the first seson even if may been slow motion scenes I still loved it untill the end !

One more thing 'Come On" are those actors with highschool looks ?!!!!!!! even that oppa of her it's look 30 alright ! They should have chosed younger actors to act the younger version and then in the future the actual cast .

In a way although it was the same story as Reply 1997 - and no cast can compare with that cast ,they were awesome ! - I still wanted to give it a chance but it really left a bad taste ! :(

• muzmuz likes this

image-1517_57D95499.gif

Moon Lovers - Scarlet Heart Ryeo  ❤

image-1A6A_527BF972.gif

credit : me

~ 'I feel u undress my mind when u kiss my forehead '

'Just touching your hands I can reveal you my soul ,tell me if you recognise my voice' ~

Follow us on twitterfacebookgoogle +tumblrpinterestinstagram

" Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. "

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#3 muzmuz

muzmuz

PR team member

• DSS Public Relations

• PipPipPipPip
    • 271 posts
      • Time Online: 26d 20h 45m 23s
  • Local Time: Jan 21 17 04:07 AM
    • LocationIn my La La Land
    • Referred By:Other Sites
    • Star sign:Leo

Posted 22 Oct 13 - 08:23 PM

*Warning *

I think you've read your baby girls thoughts ,meaning I really wanted to bad mouth this serie reply 1994 !

I hope I don't ruin your mood BUT OMAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA it's a failure .I barelly made myself to watch top 30 min from 1st episode !

As always I love the Parents :lol: ! I am crazy about those 2 :D !

When it cames to the 6.     Uri Heroine is a warrior and her relation with her oppa kiya it's so streched to the maximum !!!

I wonder if at the end of this seson they both still have some hair left in their heads !

I mean in the first seson it was balanced her warrior atitude and her conduct towards oppa :P ! But here ,here is over the top !

And it's all going in a slow motion lol .At least in the first seson even if may been slow motion scenes I still loved it untill the end !

One more thing 'Come On" are those actors with highschool looks ?!!!!!!! even that oppa of her it's look 30 alright ! They should have chosed younger actors to act the younger version and then in the future the actual cast .

In a way although it was the same story as Reply 1997 - and no cast can compare with that cast ,they were awesome ! - I still wanted to give it a chance but it really left a bad taste ! :(

ohhhhh my little asi girl..... the story maybe be similar but its still different, i mean the cast age for 1997 was the highschool age (17-18) while in 1994 is at collage age (19-20) that't why they look older and more mature compared to the lovely fluffy cast of 1997..... also Na jung's oppa here is actually older by 5 years as he is a 3rd year medical student * i know... impossible*..... plus the first two episodes are mostly introductory episodes since we only meet about half of the cast in ep 1..... also the difference between shin won and na jung, is that shin won had more control over her outburst with that cheeky smile of her that goes *you know i've won and you better listen* but in na jung case she's a ticking bomb waiting to explode due to the fact that they have spoiled her rotten XD

So my advice my little girl is to give it a chance and watch both episodes *it gets better in ep 2* before making up your mind ;D

• Asiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii likes this

~~~~~~ Too fast to live ... Too young to die ~~~~~

"Always keep the faith" DB5K jea & chunniiii

joowon80_zpsde5e3060_14928_zpsc4c307a6.g

image-ABA3_4FD4133A.jpg

Follow us on Facebook Twitter Tumblr  instagram to find what is going on on DSS

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#4 BlueChoco

BlueChoco

Baby Smurf

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 56 posts
      • Time Online: 1d 3h 16m 31s
  • Local Time: Jan 21 17 02:07 AM
    • Referred By:Friend
    • Star sign:Capricorn

Posted 01 May 14 - 02:05 PM

I have not watch yet "Reply 1994 because..I don't know, maybe i won't like it or it's just i'm lazy..Haha Sériously, i prefer (even if i didn't watch the other) Reply 1997..Maybe i'm used to this (characters, storyline..)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#5 Acide

Acide

Village Newbie

• Members
    • Pip
    • 39 posts
      • Time Online: 1d 11h 10m 31s
  • Local Time: Jan 21 17 01:07 AM
    • Referred By:Friend
    • Star sign:Unknown

Posted 21 Jan 15 - 09:28 PM

I liked both but was really disapointed they used the same story line as the first series. I loved the humour in the first series and liked it on the second as well but it was really bad taste, to me, they put toghether the sibilings again. I was really opping for something refresing and new.

And unfortunally they got extra episodes and didn't know how to filling them so it got tiring to watch the drama and runied the story. 1997 was way better.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: !SPOILER!, reply1997, reply1994, goara, jungwoo, baro, eunji, seoinguk, hoya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!