Logo

•  

Welcome to DarkSmurfSub.com

Sign In 

Create Account
Membership is closed for the time being, but we occasionally open it when there is increased interest from volunteer subbers to join, so check back when you are interested in subbing a new drama, if we are accepting new members to the community!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Drunken to Love You (2011) TWDrama Review

Posted Image

BASIC INFO
Title: Drunken to Love You (醉後決定愛上你 /Zui Hou Jue Ding Ai Shang Ni)
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Year: 2011
Episode: 18
Network: TTV
Airing: April 17 to August 14, 2011 (Sundays at 22:00 pm)

SYNOPSIS
A love story about two strangers who thought that the best way to cope from a rejected marriage proposal is to drink like there’s no tomorrow. Within 24 hours of crazy drunkenness both became good friends and got married. Finally when sober both file a divorce. But due to an unexpected circumstance both have to stay married for three-months. Both are well aware that hearts do change in time.

CINEMATOGRAPHY
Chen Ming Zhang (Fated to Love You, 2008)

CAST and CHARACTERS
Raine Yang as Lin Xiao Ru
Joseph Chang as Song Jie Xiu
Tiffany Xi as Tang Ai Wei
Tom Price as Xiang Ting Wei
Huang Hong Sheng as Di Shou Huai
Zhong Xin Ling as Cai Meng Jun
Deng Jiu Yun as Peggy
Wang Juan as Samantha

IMPRESSION

Rating: 6/10

The production team was the one that got me watching this series. The team is almost the same as the 2008 hit series, Fated to Love You. As a result I have a soft spot for Drunken to Love You.

Posted Image

This drama series is likable to a rum pumpkin tart with bitter chocolate.

Like a rum pumpkin tart with bitter chocolate the first bite gets you. The drama series began with an interesting and gripping story. It is an uncommon plot to have two love-wrecked individuals become love-conquerors. It is usually one of the other that becomes a couple.

Here is a breakdown of a rum pumpkin tart with bitter chocolate in relation with the drama series:

Pumpkin - Constancy
The fascinating turn of events kept this series moving with an interesting pace. Who wouldn’t want a leading man who realizes the value of his leading lady early on? For certain, I do. Due to this the series became an instant hit on my watch list. When Jie Xiu willingly gave up his own quest for happiness to bring and share happiness to Xiao Ru. His gesture was so touching. What a charming man.

Rum - Explosive
The lead couple lit the screen with fireworks. Joseph Chang and Raine Yang have great chemistry. They are a wonderful screen couple. Their balance is so right on almost everything. Both proved that two drunken people sharing a common fate is special after all.

It was also rumored that this series is to showcase Joseph and Raine acting prowess. Jie Xiu’s character was built with coolness and sweetness while Xiao Ru’s was put together with happiness and innocence. They truly compliment each other.

Bitter Chocolate – Challenge/Spice
Every weekend I looked forward to the new episode. At episode 11 the series started going down for me. I’m afraid its magic rubbed off. The episodes started going round and about. Jie Xiu and Xiao Ru’s relationship move in and out of the “I love you but I have to reject you” phase over and over again. It was frustrating to see. In one episode you have a relationship progress from stage 2 and 3 and then the next episode it was back at one.

Maybe I was asking for too much because Joseph and Riane are both strong and talented actors. I wanted the depth of main couple’s relationship to progress early on the series. I am not looking for conflict and/or complications. All I wanted was to see them mature sooner while maintaining the cutie-cutely-cute air. Not just being a cutie-cutie couple for long that displays maturity every now and then.

I also noted that most of the supporting characters come and go. A few did not have enough screen time to make an impression. In worst case some of them I even forgot. The second lead female and male characters got to do disappearing acts. It is good in away that it gives focus to the main couple. But in several instances their disappearance were disconnected from the plot. In that regard when they reappear it becomes a total surprise. I caught myself double checking if their characters are still part of the series.

Sugar - Reward
Thankfully with much patience, I got what I have been waiting for.

Both lead characters experience growth in the last episodes which of course made everything so good.

I’m glad that I did not let my initial findings get ahead of me. I drafted the review early on and held off hoping that after re-watching I will hit upon new light.

I do commend the ending that was done in a smooth way. The conclusion was touching, funny and fresh. It did even out and tied loose ends.

Hearty Crust - Something Special/Added Touch
The soundtrack is my favorite from this series. It was upbeat, current and pleasant with immense song selection. My top choice is the opening theme, Bu An Pei Li Chu Pei (不按牌理出牌) by Magic Power.

If you got time to share with a cheerful and enjoyable couple do check this series.

5 Comments

Photo
marievelina
Dec 27 11 02:44 PM
I really loved this Drama
I agree to all your criticisms.

Maybe, because its been almost half a year since I watched a drama before this.
The start was really gripping, I guess it help me in a way that I watched this in Marathon.

I also watched FTLY prior to this, and the plot reallo do have similarities.

:panda_cookie:
Anyway, I am Marievelina.
Im still new here.
Have a Good Day!
    • Mei Minami likes this
Photo
HelloVickie
Feb 17 12 07:37 AM
Loved this drama and Rainie Yang <3
    • Mei Minami likes this
I heard this is a good drama. I'm planning to watch this soon.
    • Mei Minami likes this
Photo
tetramind
Aug 11 12 11:58 AM
Great rainie Yang
    • Mei Minami likes this

j'ai grave adorer se drama je l'es fini en une fois hiiihiii je les dévorér hiiihii

Search Articles

Recent Comments

Change Theme!