Logo

•  

Advertisement

Welcome to DarkSmurfSub.com

Sign In 

Create Account
Membership is closed for the time being, but we occasionally open it when there is increased interest from volunteer subbers to join, so check back when you are interested in subbing a new drama, if we are accepting new members to the community!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Ongoing

[US] Grey's Anatomy (2005)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Freyja Gefn

Freyja Gefn

Village Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
    • Time Online: 33d 23h 34s
  • Local Time: Mar 23 17 09:18 AM
    • LocationBlack Order
    • Referred By:Other Sites
    • Star sign:Scorpio

Posted 26 Nov 11 - 01:18 PM

Posted Image

Grey's Anatomy is an American medical drama television series created by Shonda Rhimes. The series premiered on March 27, 2005 on ABC; since then, eight seasons have aired. The series follows the lives of interns, residents and their mentors in the fictional Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital in Seattle, as they struggle to complete their medical training and maintain personal lives. Despite being set in Seattle, the show is primarily filmed in Los Angeles, California.

Characters:
    1. Dr. Meredith Grey

Resident Meredith Grey is the central protagonist of the show, and narrator of the majority of episodes. She began the series as an intern and has since progressed along her career path. Her character is defined by her romantic relationships as well as the lingering effects her mother's affair with Richard Webber has had on her life. She is best friends with Cristina Yang and following a long romance, she has married neurosurgeon Derek Shepherd.

2. Dr. Derek Shepherd
    As Chief of Neurosurgery, Derek Shepherd earned the nickname McDreamy by the female staff of Seattle Grace. The lead male character, he is known for his complicated love-life. Initially he moved to Seattle from New York to get away from his adulterous ex-wife Addison Montgomery whom he discovered was having an affair with his best friend, Mark Sloan. He subsequently began a long romance with Meredith Grey which resulted in their marriage. Recently he had a somewhat antagonistic relationship with Richard Webber whom he believed wasn't governing the hospital appropriately. He took over as the Chief of Surgery after going to the hospital board about Chief Webber's drinking problem, but resigned after nearly dying from being shot.

3. Dr. Christina Yang
    Skilled Resident Cristina Yang has an indomitable passion for cardiothoracic surgery, and is almost ruthless in pursuit of her desired specialty. She is best friends with Meredith Grey, and has previously been in a relationship with Preston Burke, which ended suddenly when he left Cristina on their wedding day. Since then she has entered into a relationship with Owen Hunt, whom she marries in season 7.

4. Dr. Lexie Grey
    Resident and half-sister of Meredith Grey, Lexie, was in relationships with Mark, Alex, and Jackson. Known for her photographic memory, she has earned the nickname Lexipedia. Initially she had a distant, contentious relationship with Meredith, but they have since grown closer. She is often called "Little Grey" by other doctors on staff.

5. Dr. Miranda Bailey
    An attending general surgeon at Seattle Grace hospital, Miranda Bailey initially gave a cold, domineering impression, earning her the nickname "The Nazi". However her attitude has since softened and she has developed a maternal role towards the residents in the hospital. She has recently undergone a divorce which led her to turn down a fellowship in pediatric surgery.

CAST
    Ellen Pompeio as Dr. Meredith Grey
    Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
    Sandra Oh as Christina Yang
    Chyler Leigh as Lexie Grey

I love medical drama such as House, E.R., Off The Map, but IMO, this one is the best medical drama I've ever seen. I hardly compute how the plot going in every season. I read on somewhere that this is will be the last season for Patrick Dempsey. Omooo... :panda_funnyface:
    • Mei Minami and Narcissus like this

forEVER in GALAU

Posted Image

INDO-Subbers, KLIK DI SINI

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Advertisement

#2 ccanemone

ccanemone

CTS English Editor Team Leader

• Retired Staff
    • Others:
      CTS Elite
      CTS Non-English Team
      CTS Supreme

• PipPipPipPip
    • 328 posts
      • Time Online: 31d 7h 30m 41s
  • Local Time: Mar 22 17 08:18 PM
    • LocationAntarctica
    • Referred By:Undisclosed
    • Star sign:Unknown

Posted 26 Nov 11 - 02:55 PM

If they lose Patrick Dempsey... I might drop the show. He's one of the few sane characters on there. He's actually NORMAL :D
    • Mei Minami and Aishyun like this
    Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#3 Freyja Gefn

Freyja Gefn

Village Newbie

• Members
    • Pip
    • 47 posts
      • Time Online: 33d 23h 34s
  • Local Time: Mar 23 17 09:18 AM
    • LocationBlack Order

Posted 26 Nov 11 - 03:17 PM

Second to that, cc.

I heard rumor about Ellen Pompeio leaving the show too. But, what would it become without Dr. Grey herself as the center of the show? And I love Derek Shepherd too. Aish, it remind me that this show full of freaks, lol. They have nympho (Alex & Sloan), bipolar (Grey, Yang, Bailey), and what is the right label for Lil Grey? A bitch? lol, sorry. I just don't like her :P
    • Mei Minami likes this

forEVER in GALAU

Posted Image

INDO-Subbers, KLIK DI SINI

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#4 Jeebus

Jeebus

Chatter Smurf

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,442 posts
      • Time Online: 14d 8h 50m 14s
  • Local Time: Mar 23 17 12:18 PM
    • LocationBrisbane, Australia
    • Referred By:Other
    • Star sign:Sagittarius

Posted 30 May 12 - 03:02 PM

And so many doctors...yet so little time to chit-chat about nothing like real doctors do :D

Well cant say I havent witnessed this happen:
    When Jeebus was taken to local GP for checkup...

2 doctors were in the corridor chit-chatting about:
    *Utter nonense*.lol

Whilst many of us including green-Jeebus was waiting to be attended to :|

(Jeebus Frowns On Visiting Clinics)
    • Aishyun and Allola like this

MUCH APPRECIATED BY:

JEE BUS :]

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#5 Tetelle

Tetelle

Village Newbie

• Members
    • Pip
    • 25 posts
      • Time Online: 17h 37m 23s
  • Local Time: Mar 23 17 03:18 AM
    • LocationParis
    • Referred By:Google Search
    • Star sign:Unknown

Posted 15 Sep 12 - 09:53 AM

At the beginning, I liked. But series fast annoyed me. I prefer Dr House in the medical genre.

For me, Grey's Anatomy is a romantic series on the theme of the medicine...
    • Mei Minami likes this

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#6 Allola

Allola

Baby Smurf

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 71 posts
      • Time Online: 2d 14h 52m 12s
  • Local Time: Mar 23 17 03:18 AM
    • LocationAlgeria

Posted 08 Oct 12 - 09:36 PM

Salam ^^
    So Grey's Anatomy is back, with a new season but minus few of its doctors (ones that I came to like :( )
    Have you seen it yet? if so, then what do you think about the departed doctors? Good riddance? or, it would've been better if they cut out that other doctor!
    I didn't mention any names in fear of spoilers ;)
    • Mei Minami likes this

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#7 raelju

raelju

DSS Discussions Facilitator

• DSS Discussions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,674 posts
      • Time Online: 41d 16h 14m 50s
  • Local Time: Mar 23 17 10:18 AM
    • Star sign:Libra

Posted 06 Jul 13 - 10:46 AM

i like this series! but its more of romance now. but then i like the cases they are handling. i prefer House instead, if it in medical genre.

image-A84F_51F94A1E.gif

"i don't care how i am seen by others. i don't worry about what kind of image i have.

but i really like who i am. because people who deny their "selves" cannot live on. "

-Ninomiya Kazunari

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ongoing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!