Logo

•  

Advertisement

Welcome to DarkSmurfSub.com

Sign In 

Create Account
Membership is closed for the time being, but we occasionally open it when there is increased interest from volunteer subbers to join, so check back when you are interested in subbing a new drama, if we are accepting new members to the community!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

[Korea] Ji Chang Wook

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 goli

goli

Graphics Team Member & Discussions Facilitator

• DSS Graphics
  • Others:
    DSS Discussions
     Post Reviewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
    • Time Online: 42d 11h 39m 24s
  • Local Time: Apr 29 17 09:51 AM
    • LocationMy Home?
    • Referred By:Other Sites
    • Star sign:Capricorn

Posted 23 Jan 14 - 09:45 AM

지창욱 ~~ Ji Chang Wook

image-4FED_52E0DFDF.jpg

Name: 지창욱 / Ji Chang Wook

Profession: Actor

Birthdate: 1987-Jul-05

Birthplace: Anyang, South Korea

Height: 180cm

Weight: 65kg

Star sign: Cancer

Ji Chang-wook began his career as a struggling actor in musicals. He made his onscreen debut in the 2006 film Days... and had a role in the 2008 TV drama I Like You (also known as You Stole My Heart). In 2009 he appeared in My Too Perfect Sons, playing the timid, "sissy" youngest brother who ends up raising his best friend's daughter while just 20 years old. The family drama received 40% ratings, and shot Ji to stardom out of obscurity. He followed that with a supporting role in Lee Jun-ki's Hero.

In 2010 Ji was cast in his first starring role in the 159-episode daily drama Smile, Dong-hae (also known as Smile Again). Playing a Korean-American short track speed skater, Ji trained under a former national speed skater in order to lend those scenes as much realism as possible, spending four to five hours daily at the ice rink. His character Dong-hae was raised in the US by his adoptee mother, and in hopes of finding his biological father, he flies to Korea and works as a hotel chef. Smile Again topped the ratings chart for 15 consecutive weeks, and Ji was awarded Best Actor in a Daily Drama at the KBS Drama Awards.

He played the titular character in 2011 action historical drama Warrior Baek Dong-soo. Adapted from Lee Jae-heon's manhwa Honorable Baek Dong-soo, it is an origin story about Joseon-era swordsman Baek Dong-soo, showing his growing up years until political intrigue creates a rivalry with his childhood best friend-turned-enemy. The series was number one in its timeslot for 13 weeks, and Ji received a New Star Award from the SBS Drama Awards.

Later that year, he again played the lead role in cable drama Bachelor's Vegetable Store, based on the true success story of Lee Young-seok, a young man who turned a tiny 350-square-feet vegetable store in 1998 into a nationwide franchise with 33 stores.

In his first villain role, Ji played a pianist who envies his older brother's genius and natural gift for music in 2012 melodrama Five Fingers. Conflicts and passions come to a head as the brothers compete over their father's piano manufacturing business and the same woman.

Ji returned to the stage in 2013 with The Days, playing a presidential bodyguard who went missing 20 years ago along with a mysterious female companion. The Days was a jukebox musical using the folk rock songs of Kim Kwang-seok. He then played Park Gyu-ri's love interest in Have You Had Coffee With an Angel?, an episode in the five-part omnibus drama Secret Love starring members of the girl group Kara. Later in the year, he was cast as Toghon Temür (also known as Huizong), the 16th emperor of the Yuan Dynasty who marries the Goryeo-born titular character in historical drama Empress Ki.

TV shows

Healer (KBS2, 2014)

Secret Love (DRAMAcube, 2014)

Empress Ki (MBC, 2013)

Five Fingers (SBS, 2012)

Bachelor's Vegetable Store (Channel A, 2011)

Warrior Baek Dong Soo (SBS, 2011)

Smile, Dong Hae (KBS1, 2010)

Hero (MBC, 2009)

The Sons of Sol Pharmacy House (KBS2, 2009)

You Are Very Good (KBS2, 2008)

Movies

Gosa / Death Bell 2 (2010)

Sleeping Beauty (2007)

Recognitions

2013 MBC Drama Awards: Excellence Award for Special Production Drama, Actor (Empress Ki)

2011 KBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award for Daily Drama, Actor (Smile, Dong Hae)

2011 SBS Drama Awards: New Star Award (Warrior Baek Dong Soo)

Endorsements

LAB Series For Men (2012)

Nong Shim Chapagetti Chajang Noodles (2011)

Pictures:

image-F8B5_52E0DFDF.jpg

Spoiler

Credits: Dramawiki , Wikipedia

Edited by Ahmi_Jai, 18 Aug 14 - 06:21 PM.
    linking

• hyp0, Asiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, united06 and 3 others like this

image-6916_51E973EB.jpg

*by me*

"The best revenge? Smile, be happy and never let them know it hurt."

Goo Hara, KARA

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Advertisement

#2  Asiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Asiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Admin

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
      DSS Graphics
      DSS Public Relations
      DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,268 posts
      • Time Online: 218d 15h 49m 34s
  • Local Time: Apr 29 17 05:21 AM
    • LocationNear by The Danube River
    • Referred By:Google Search
    • Star sign:Unknown

Posted 23 Jan 14 - 10:26 AM

I enjoyed his acting in  Batchelor's Vegetable Store,his never ending optimism he portraited there wonned me ;) and omayaaaa what an opposite character he interprets now the emperor in Empress Ki ,he is unbeliveble :lol: many cheer for him in that triangle of love ;)

Fighting !!!! :panda_love:

• goli, Ahmi_Jai, berceuse and 1 other like this

image-1517_57D95499.gif

Moon Lovers - Scarlet Heart Ryeo  ❤

image-1A6A_527BF972.gif

credit : me

~ 'I feel u undress my mind when u kiss my forehead '

'Just touching your hands I can reveal you my soul ,tell me if you recognise my voice' ~

Follow us on twitterfacebookgoogle +tumblrpinterestinstagram

" Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. "

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#3 goli

goli

• DSS Graphics
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
       Post Reviewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,333 posts
    • LocationMy Home?

Posted 23 Jan 14 - 10:52 AM

I haven't watched Bachelor's Vegetable store, I really wondered if it was good or not.... Since you have watched I will give it a try ^_^

His character in Empress ki is really amazing, and his acting skills are indeed good, and of course he is handsome too..... but unfortunately my bias list is soooo full I don't think I can make space for him lol

• Asiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, Ahmi_Jai and berceuse like this

image-6916_51E973EB.jpg

*by me*

Goo Hara, KARA

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#4 hyp0

hyp0

CTS Malay Elite Translator, SCT English Transcriber

• CTS Elite
    • Others:
      CTS Editor
      CTS Non-English Team
      SCT Transcriber

• PipPip
    • 97 posts
      • Time Online: 21d 21h 56m 9s
  • Local Time: Apr 29 17 01:21 PM
    • LocationMalaysia
    • Referred By:Facebook
    • Star sign:Virgo

Posted 23 Jan 14 - 12:16 PM

Saw his name omagadd. hahaha.

Ehem *profilepic* ehem :icon_likethis:

anyway, been a fan of him since kbs's smile, donghae. a chef, an athlete, a loving son, aaaa~ perfecto.

kbye xD :P

• Asiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, goli, Ahmi_Jai and 1 other like this

Untitled-1-hypo-150_zpsa5e56cd7.jpg

A programmer to be, A software engineer to be, An amateur in graphics, A full time dreamer ;

Malay Team Elite Member ; ON HIATUS

DarkSmurfSub Malay Sub ; click and Like, Thanks :)

in case you haven't read... please do read all of the rules.

Non-English Team General Rules;

Malay CTS Rules;

View for information :)
    COMPLETED MALAY PROJECT - ONGOING MALAY PROJECT

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#5 peacewon

peacewon

CTS English Casual

• CTS Casual
    • Others:
      Donators

• PipPipPipPip
    • 280 posts
      • Time Online: 9d 15h 43m 11s
  • Local Time: Apr 29 17 12:21 AM
    • LocationTexas
    • Star sign:Leo

Posted 23 Jan 14 - 06:48 PM

I haven't watched Bachelor's Vegetable store, I really wondered if it was good or not.... Since you have watched I will give it a try ^_^

His character in Empress ki is really amazing, and his acting skills are indeed good, and of course he is handsome too..... but unfortunately my bias list is soooo full I don't think I can make space for him lol

EEEK how did you get such a  small bias list space? mine has like HUNDREDS of lines open hahahaha. I know!! stick him in with some one else, two is always better than one !!!

Bachelors vegtable store is actually a decent drama and its really cool that it is also based in a true story!! and it also happens to be the drama that made me a fan of the new ( non saeguk) dramas.

PeaceWon

image-EFDF_53342D5D.gif

PeaceWon

and her Biases... *sigh*

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#6 goli

goli

• DSS Graphics
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
       Post Reviewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,333 posts
    • LocationMy Home?

Posted 23 Jan 14 - 08:29 PM

EEEK how did you get such a  small bias list space? mine has like HUNDREDS of lines open hahahaha. I know!! stick him in with some one else, two is always better than one !!!

Bachelors vegtable store is actually a decent drama and its really cool that it is also based in a true story!! and it also happens to be the drama that made me a fan of the new ( non saeguk) dramas.

PeaceWon

hahahaha your bias list is so HUGE! lol you are right two is always better than one maybe I should stick him with lee min ho in 6th place??

OMO! it is based on true story?! That really makes it cool! I love TV shows that are based on true stories! Oh so if it made you a drama fan it must be great! I know you guys have a good taste in dramas, so I will make sure to watch it!

Thank you dear ^^

image-6916_51E973EB.jpg

*by me*

Goo Hara, KARA

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#7 goli

goli

• DSS Graphics
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
       Post Reviewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,333 posts
    • LocationMy Home?

Posted 23 Jan 14 - 08:32 PM

Saw his name omagadd. hahaha.

Ehem *profilepic* ehem :icon_likethis:

anyway, been a fan of him since kbs's smile, donghae. a chef, an athlete, a loving son, aaaa~ perfecto.

kbye xD :P

hahaha look at your profile! It's so funny!

omo so he is number one in your bias list! You are totally right! he is somehow perfect ^_^ haha Hope you meet him one day

image-6916_51E973EB.jpg

*by me*

Goo Hara, KARA

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#8 peacewon

peacewon

CTS English Casual

• CTS Casual
    • Others:
      Donators

• PipPipPipPip
    • 280 posts
      • Time Online: 9d 15h 43m 11s
  • Local Time: Apr 29 17 12:21 AM
    • LocationTexas

Posted 23 Jan 14 - 10:44 PM

hahahaha your bias list is so HUGE! lol you are right two is always better than one maybe I should stick him with lee min ho in 6th place??

OMO! it is based on true story?! That really makes it cool! I love TV shows that are based on true stories! Oh so if it made you a drama fan it must be great! I know you guys have a good taste in dramas, so I will make sure to watch it!

Thank you dear ^^

any time! and although i have lots of space on my bias list I usually only run about seven at a time LOL. o i keep a separate musical bias list for like cnblue members and Hero Jaejoong and all you know!  The reason this drama freaked me out was it was the first time I had seen many examples of the modern culture. Parts of this are SO funny ( after he is grown up) and it really started me on the entire running thru the house screaming with laughter.  I also REALLY appreciate the based on a true story dramas more than any other kind. I think my history major is showing :panda_cheeky_laugh: . parts of that drama were so sad too, and shocking even, it was awesome. I have not watched it twice, but its because I fell in love with lee sang woo so HARD after life is beautiful.. I could not concentrate there for about a year and a half LOL :panda_crazy:

and on a side note, who ever made those panda icons, I swear they had a picture of me. well my ears are a little lower, but thats it for differences.

Rain was on 2d1n and he was SOO funny. he is looking good tho.

PeaceWon!!!!!!

image-EFDF_53342D5D.gif

PeaceWon

and her Biases... *sigh*

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#9  united06

united06

PR Co-Admin, Graphics Team Leader and Recap & Review Member

•  Administrators
    • Others:
      DSS Graphics
      DSS Public Relations
      DSS Recap & Review
       Post Reviewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,796 posts
      • Time Online: 70d 30m 8s
  • Local Time: Apr 29 17 03:21 PM
    • LocationSydney, Australia
    • Star sign:Gemini

Posted 24 Jan 14 - 01:14 AM

Squeeeeeeeeeee! :D

Wook-ie Wook-ie~! *happy dance*

I'd like to say something meaningful, but my brain kinda melted into a puddle of goo when I saw his name in Recent Topics haha.

I love his forever optimistic charisma and modesty, and this baby face! ♥

He's always been great, but his performance in Empress Gi is blowing everyone else out of the water - his character is like multi-polar lol, jumping from one emotional extreme to the other, and so far he's doing a marvelous job!

Hwaiting Wook-ie~!!! :lol:

image-6AC9_5348A9EC.jpg
    ~ I have never forgotten you. I may not recognise you, but my heart knows you, my heart loves you ~

image-8CCD_526BA42C.jpg

★ follow us on twitter | facebook | google+ | tumblr | pinterest | instagram 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#10 goli

goli

• DSS Graphics
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
       Post Reviewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,333 posts
    • LocationMy Home?

Posted 24 Jan 14 - 08:46 AM

any time! and although i have lots of space on my bias list I usually only run about seven at a time LOL. o i keep a separate musical bias list for like cnblue members and Hero Jaejoong and all you know!  The reason this drama freaked me out was it was the first time I had seen many examples of the modern culture. Parts of this are SO funny ( after he is grown up) and it really started me on the entire running thru the house screaming with laughter.  I also REALLY appreciate the based on a true story dramas

more than any other kind. I think my history major is showing :panda_cheeky_laugh: . parts of that drama were so sad too, and shocking even, it was awesome. I have not watched it twice, but its because I fell in love with lee sang woo so HARD after life is beautiful.. I could not concentrate there for about a year and a half LOL :panda_crazy:

and on a side note, who ever made those panda icons, I swear they had a picture of me. well my ears are a little lower, but thats it for differences.

Rain was on 2d1n and he was SOO funny. he is looking good tho.

PeaceWon!!!!!

haha Yeah I have Three bias lists... lol one for actors and one for singers.... and the other one is... let me just keep quiet and don't say what the other one is heheh :panda_love: :panda_love:

you are making me more and more interested in that drama!!!! It's really my taste! and I love dramas like this!

Lee sang woo!! WOW! he is really good! I had the same problem with kim hyun joong but the difference is that I still can't concentrate lol.... My love for him has stayed alive for 4 years. :panda_crazy: :panda_shock:

Yeah I heard about rain being on 2d1n. But since KBS world airs the show a week later so I guess I will be able to watch is this week! yay!! Looking forward to it!

image-6916_51E973EB.jpg

*by me*

Goo Hara, KARA

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#11 goli

goli

• DSS Graphics
    • Others:
      DSS Discussions
       Post Reviewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,333 posts
    • LocationMy Home?

Posted 24 Jan 14 - 08:49 AM

Squeeeeeeeeeee! :D

Wook-ie Wook-ie~! *happy dance*

I'd like to say something meaningful, but my brain kinda melted into a puddle of goo when I saw his name in Recent Topics haha.

I love his forever optimistic charisma and modesty, and this baby face! ♥

He's always been great, but his performance in Empress Gi is blowing everyone else out of the water - his character is like multi-polar lol, jumping from one emotional extreme to the other, and so far he's doing a marvelous job!

Hwaiting Wook-ie~!!! :lol:

hahaha :lol:  :lol:  I was wondering who I should make a topic for at first... luckily I made the right choice hehe :D

Multi-polar! so ture! I agree with you he really amazed me in Empress ki... I didn't think he was such a good actor. :wub: :wub:

^_^

image-6916_51E973EB.jpg

*by me*

Goo Hara, KARA

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#12 Ahmi_Jai

Ahmi_Jai

Discussion Team Leader

• Retired Staff
    • Others:
      Donators
      DSS Discussions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,700 posts
      • Time Online: 98d 7h 17m 40s
  • Local Time: Apr 29 17 06:21 AM

Posted 25 Jan 14 - 03:53 AM

OMO I really should check out his dramas!! I only watched him on Sons of Sol Pharmacy and he was sooooooo cute in that one and for a newbie, I didn't think his acting was doubtful at all and I already had a good impression of him even though he wasn't playing a main part? :D

• Asiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, goli and berceuse like this

Posted Image

Thank you Muz chan and Asi-chan for my stunning siggy

follow DSS on twitterfacebookgoogle +tumblrpinterest

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#13 berceuse

berceuse

Welcome Team Member

• DSS Welcome Team

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • 676 posts
      • Time Online: 10d 15h 2m 36s
  • Local Time: Apr 29 17 01:21 PM
    • LocationIce Kingdom
    • Star sign:Unknown

Posted 22 Dec 16 - 03:37 PM

He was soo good in Healer as well! So charming and handsome. 

But I'm not sure in The K2 though...

Follow us on twitter facebook google + tumblr pinterest

image-7A60_51D55E54.gif

1fmj6k.gif

"Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans."

~Jacques Yves Cousteau~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!